Saturday, January 30, 2010

The honesty post: Sometimes he gets on my nerves

I love Todd to bits and pieces but sometimes (like today) he really gets on my nerves.

All week I have been making plans about today...Stay home day/ cleaning day. We are redoing the playroom and some of the furniture in there needed to go to our bedroom and vise versa...plus we had a ton of laundry that needed to be done and I really wanted to get the bathroom cleaned out so we can start working on that. Todd was all about it all week....until today. He literally sat at watched sports ( soccer, basketball, football) while I washed all the clothes, folded them, put them up, picked up the playroom, moved the furniture **BY MYSELF**, vacuumed, went grocery shopping, came home and had to re clean the play room, cleaned aubrie's room...then about 4 he was like..."Lets go to my moms for dinner..." I guess the big pot of Taco Soup on the stove didn't clue him in on the fact that I was cooking. When I told him, I wasn't going because I really wanted to finish all this so I could rest and enjoy my kids tomorrow. He said, "Okay..." and he left...and took the girls.

*I guess the tiaras I was getting out for the girls to watch Miss America with me didn't phase him either.*

Now, I love his mom to death but he took the girls over there Thursday when I was at Hobby Lobby with my mom so it isn't like it has been forever since she saw them.

I guess it just really hurt my feelings because he had promised to help me (and 1/4 of these clothes I slaved over today were his!)
When he got home ( 30 minutes ago) I told him how I was feeling...he doesn't see the big deal. We never fight...ever and I really don't see this as a fight... But why didn't guys get the instinct to realize "the big deal?"

Am I the only awful wife that's husband gets on their nerves sometimes?

6 comments:

  1. You're not alone! I've learned to kindly share when I'm hurt, because I'm so bad about letting things build up. Kurt and I don't fight, but if I let little things accumulate, it can be bad. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Ash are better than me, Sarah! Because Peyton and I love each other and I think we have a fantastic marriage, but we FIGHT.

    And I think that is just how they are. They don't realize how things can just add up. I'm bad about getting upset if "plans" don't go my way, so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you. I've been trying to get Kevin to make time to help me rearrange furniture and help more with cleaning up around the house (not easy for me to do by myself at this stage in the pregnancy). Let's just say that he says he'll help and then other things come up that he 'has to do' instead. Part of his is bad time management and part of it is that stuff comes up with him being a teacher and pastor. I'm trying to learn to not let it get to me but I'm not good at it and I end up snapping at him over it. So, I'm trying to come up with ideas on things that I can do to make sure he knows that I've blocked out time for us to do things that need to be done around the house. We'll see how that goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen for your honesty! Byron and I tell each other sometimes, "honey I love you....but I sure don't like you right now." I am glad you posted this because people need to know that it isn't all smiles and baloons and hugs and kisses all the time in a marriage. We have had a few days similar to this in my house (although closest family is 8 hours away, so minus that part) and I just want to scream and when we talk about, he doesn't "get" it. Men are from Mars......

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh no sweet hear your not the only one.. I can't stand when chris sits on the couch and watches DIY network while i sit there fold laundry, feed Dusten, clean the house.. But when he does it he makes a point to know that i know he is doing it.. I promis it gets on my nerve's so bad.. O how i want to scream.. sorry you had to deal that .. Men... I love my husband.. though..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me jump on the band wagon! I LOVE Jarod, but guys just really don't get the picture. Jarod is ok about helping clean...when he feels like it. But 9 times out of 10 when I ask him to do something, it doesn't get done...until I nag him to death and then he gets mad. I hate nagging, and try not to do it, but sometimes that seems to be the ONLY way I can get him to do what I've asked of him. I think that's just part of marriage...you live with someone and are around them 24/7 so you are eventually going to get on each others nerves. The key is to talk it out. Trust me, not talking about things almost ruined mine and Jarod's marriage. Thankfully, we were able to work it through and one of the things we learned from the ordeal was that we can't let things that bother us just sit and fester inside of us.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat