Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Terrible Tuesday turned Terrific Tuesday!

So this morning I woke up way early...like 3am. I just didn't feel good at all, I was tired, having trouble breathing...just all in all poopy! I couldn't go back to sleep and I was awake, so I called in to work and decided that I would stay home for the day and rest. Well, Todd was worried about me being home alone so he called in too, he said he needed to make sure I did nothing all day...(really I think he just wanted to be home) Anyway, he took the girls to school so I could rest, but as he was walking out the door my phone rang and it was my dad. My great uncle Charles had past away at 4am this morning. This broke my heart. I love my uncle Charles so much and even though he has lived a veryyyy long and successful life, and we knew this was coming, it still hurts. I never had a "grandpa". My pawpaw died when I was real young and my moms dad died before I was ever born so I have used Uncle Charles as my grandpa figure. He was a fine Southern man who loved his wife Sarah (yes...my name!) for many years, since they were teenagers. He always had a good story to tell or a quarter to give and I have treasured all the times we have had together.
So Today started off rough.

I watched The Proposal, caught up on all my new food network shows I had in the DVR...ate some taquitos for lunch, then I had to go to Walmart to get somethings for dinner. Todd went with me and it is a good thing he did. I didn't even make it up the 2nd aisle before I was out of breath. I sat, he shopped, we checked out and went ahead and picked up the girls. By this time I was feeling a little better so went ahead and made dinner. After dinner my doorbell rang...went to the door and it was a UPS package from my sister, Renea...late Christmas happies! I love getting late gifts bc it keeps the spirit going! The girls loved their toys and I got cute pjs and a recipe book!

So I was feeling better, had some fun new stuff to play with, then a text came on my phone...with a picture attached! ITS A BOY it read!!! Crystal and Nick my precious friends found out they were expecting a little boy! This happened to be Crystal's birthday as well (and it just hit me I didn't even say Happy Birthday as I was shouting YAHHH into the phone!! I am so sorry!! I did facebook you this morning though!!)

So needless to say my terrible Tuesday turned terrific, and I am now ready to face Wednesday!
The weather is suppose to be extremely cold this week with possible snow on Thursday and Friday! That would be alot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat