Sunday, January 17, 2010

im in a slump!







Okay, so I am an event planner, have been for seven years. Ive done it all from restaurant events, corporate events, donor events , children's events, fundraising events, weddings, receptions, rehearsals...I literally have done it all. But now it is getting time for Aubrie Kate's 2nd birthday and I have no idea what I want to do. I feel like Madyson gets everything because she is the first born.

Her first birthday party was HUGE, I mean like 100 people...her 2nd party she got her barbie jeep, tons of toys, had a great time..her third birthday we were in Disney...and we will be in Disney this summer too.


But poor baby girl...Her first party was great, it was a monkey themed party and was adorable.





But this year, I am just having the hardest time coming up with something. Our house is a wreck with all the remodeling/painting and such that I really don't want to do it here...and with a March birthday in Mississippi you never know what the weather will be like, so I don't want to rent a park for the day..bc it could be 20 degrees. But I really want to make a fuss over her being two because birthdays are the one day a year where it is about YOU. Not about big sister...not about the family...about you...Aubrie Kate.
Any ideas?!?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Aren't there some fun indoor playgrounds in the area? I think that would be fun for a 2 year old's birthday party. My only other idea that would be indoors would be to go somewhere that would do make-up and hair for little girls and then have a princess-themed party (which would be great since y'all are going to Disney a few months after her birthday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they turn two, a cupcake and some gummies make them happy! This is a time in her life when you can celebrate her without all the hoopla that you will feel pressured to do when she gets older. Invite your family and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat