Thursday, January 7, 2010

oh what a day!

So I woke up this morning with anticipation that today was going to be the "Arctic Blast" that our meteorologist were predicting!! They said "as the day goes on, the temperature will drop, sleet, snow, and Ice will form." They warned us to stock up on bottle water, bread, & milk and to get ready to settle in! So thats what I did!! I made a special trip to the grocery last night, got some extra essentials (diapers, milk, water, bread, oreos =) ) and I was ready for this Arctic Blast!

Today the temperature was around 37 all day....rain...but no ice, no snow, no sleet...not yet! They say tonight is going to be in the teens....so we will have to see! If not, Ive got plenty of good oreos to last me through the weekend!

Todd came home sick today from work, strep throat...BLAH. This is his second time with it this winter. He took his meds and rested today now he is up cheering..."Roll Tide..."

Madyson and I had story time tonight since I have to work tomorrow to make up for missing Tuesday. You never realize how much you enjoy Fridays off until you have to work one!!

Saturday is our trip to Grenada, MS for Uncle Charles' funeral. I am really NOT looking forward to this. It will be like my first "grand parent style" funeral and I am hoping I stay strong.

I have begun working on a new blog, that I will debut in the coming days! Tomorrow is Poppy Seed Chicken Night! I love Poppy Seed Chicken! It is easy, and super warm and gooey!

Hope tomorrow leaves you warm and toasty! Do you have any Friday night plans?

1 comment:

  1. umm yea, where is this 'arctic blast' they're all talking about?!

    sorry to hear about your uncle! i lost my last grandparent when i was 22, and never had a chance to know either of my grandfathers. spend time with them while you can! :)

    no friday night plans here, as usual...

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat