Monday, February 1, 2010

Lets get creative!



As we have established in previous post. I am petrified of my sewing machine. It has literally been sitting in the box for 6 years. Well I took it out Friday...dusted it off. EHOW'd...How to use a sewing machine and sat there for hours with it. We bonded...we made friends...we made 2 pillows! Now granted they are not perfect...they are for the playroom so they work! Well...I had the big head after this so I decided to tackle making clothes. Keep in mind...never done this before...I found an old pattern I had purchased forever ago...and 2 hours later I had these...







I was so excited that I made something that looked somewhat like clothing that I forgot to look at the size...12 months...boo! My kids are much bigger than that! But I do have them and I am going to keep them just because one day I might really know how to sew and I want to be able to say...i have gone from this...to this.

Saturday was my meltdown with Todd. After I posted on here about our issue, we sat down and talked about it. We have a policy that was actually in our vows to never go to bed mad, I told him that I hate to clean but do it so that way child protection services do not come take away our kids. That I don't ever ask him to mop, clean toilets, scrub counters or any of that...His only responsibilities are taking the garbage out, putting up mine and his clothes after I have washed/dried/folded them. (i do the girls) help keep the playroom decent, and to keep his stuff in our room and not over the house. This went into a long discussion that somehow took the wrong turns here and there but eventually he came to the conclusion that he is nasty and that I do work alot harder on housework than I like too.
Saturday night was a disaster. Madyson was up all night coughing, sneezing, snotty, and scratching. Sunday I got up early and got ready for church, I went to get Madyson up to get her ready and found that her eczema was all over her and she had clawed it all night. I called into Sunday School so they could find a teacher for my class and we stayed home crying and scratching. I feel SO bad for her. She is the most precious child 98% of the time (those other 2% go unspoken)but the poor baby has had rough life. She had terrible ears the first year of life. The second we suffered from folliculitis and staph, the third year it has been eyes and eczema.
And I have tried so many different things, the doctors have given us different stuff..she doesn't get to take bubble baths anymore...it is just no fun
So yesterday we just had a stay at home in your jammies day. We didn't do anything but FINISH (thats right all laundry baskets are empty!) laundry, Todd stepped up to the plate and cleaned out my car, put new car mats down, filled me up with gas!, we had steak fingers and mash potatoes for dinner and watched Extreme Home Makeover. Madyson went to bed early and Aubrie Kate and I played dress up! I love my diva! She is so funny. I had on my house shoes and she went and got my high heels (she knows my expensive ones) and brought them to me. we worked the catwalk (aka the hall runner) and modeled purses, shoes, glasses and of course struck a pose! It is so funny to have a GiRlY GiRl! Madyson is not, I am not..but Aubrie is and I love it!
I made it a priority to be here this afternoon to watch Oprah. She had on the COO of Waste Management (You know I LOVE my garbage guys!) He participated in a show on CBS that starts after the Superbowl where big corporate bosses go under cover and work at the entry level positions of their corporation. I loved seeing this boss see his employees that struggle in personal life but represent his company to the highest standard. One of the most touching employees was his Port-a-Potty cleaner. He said, " This is not a job, its an adventure. I clean the toliets to the standard I would want my port-a-potty clean." This really hit home. Here this guy is who cleans up other peoples poo/pee in a tiny space and goes to work smiling and ready to do his job to insure others are happy. That is a testiment in itself that no matter what the situation you have to do it with a smile and positive attitude because you never know who you could have an impact on.
Tonight was BACHELOR night! One of my favorite shows bc I am proof that you can fall in love with somebody in a short time! But seriously...I really, REALLY wanted him to get rid of V tonight. But I am torn between Gia/Tenley/Ali....they all are great in different ways =)
Tomorrow is the big night where I share my story to our new community group. I have written it out, because I don't like to mumble and jumble and I can't talk about myself without notes....
I guess I am going to have to step back, breathe in and then out...and attack it with a smile and a positive attitude, because to me it might be just my story, but to someone else it might be a story of hope.
Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. you can do it, and it WILL be a story of hope to someone. someone will go home that night and think long and hard about what you said and how it relates to them. you will inspire. you got this girl!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat