Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday night madness!

Wow! Today has been a day!


First, let me start with saying Thank you for everyone who commented/emailed/and facebooked your thoughts on my last post. It feels really good to know I am not the only person in this boat and that I am just a blog friend away from maybe a true friend.





So I had to work today, yes on MLK day. I thought at first I missed a memo about not having to work...then I looked at the clock and realized I was at work 1 hour early.





After work I had to pick up the girls and take Madyson to Ballet Class. Aubrie usually is at school while this is going on, but since school was closed, she went with us. While we were waiting in the lobby for Madyson to get done, Aubrie pitched a HUGE fit. I had to quickly scoop her up and take her out of the building before all the other mom's eardrums blew from her loud yelling. She was crying so hard, she threw up. I have NEVER experienced this kind of tantrum before. Madyson was so laid back and never went through the terrible twos. So to have a child completely go exorcist on you in front of other parents is somewhat embarrassing. Luckily, after 10 minutes...she calmed down.





Once we got home and I started dinner, I thought everyone was settled and happy. The girls were in the playroom and I was in the kitchen, Life was going good...UNTIL...I hear mad screaming. I look into the playroom to witness Aubrie biting Madyson...Madyson smacking Aubrie in the mouth...blood start pouring out of Aubrie's mouth and Madyson getting bit...again. OHHHHH...Here we go. I first had to separate them. Stuck Madyson in time out for her 3 minutes....cleaned up Aubrie Kate...Then had to put her in time out for her 2 minutes...then explain to both of them that we don't do that...that that is NOT acceptable...and that Jesus does not like for us to bite or hit. Then they had to do what I refer to as the "carver method". A lady I work with, Darlene, had twin girls growing up and when they would fight she would have them sit facing each other holding hands. We did that tonight. Then once they were calm. We hugged and apologized. WHEW.



yes, madyson is in her panties...she always is. Once she enters the door, she strips. Can't say I blame her...and usually it isn't an issue until the Jehovah's witnesses or Mormon elders show up at your door and you have a naked 3 year old running around.


Todd got home and took over so I could finally get some stuff done. The girls were exhausted and fell asleep super early!



I am so excited about tomorrow. Todd and I are going to a new bible study at our church. My boss Joseph and his wife Jennifer are starting a bible study for young married couples that aren't involved in a Sunday School Class. Todd and I are members of a class but since we both volunteer in the children's wing as teachers during the second hour and then go to worship first hour, we don't get to be involved with a class. So this study is going to be a bunch of couples getting together....should be interesting. I love my boss though, he is a few years older than me and is such a great "Christian brother" figure. He is very wise for his age and his wife Jennifer is just absolutely precious. They are such a great couple, I am looking forward to learning from them.

A few prayer request for those of you out there that do prayer list.
*Jarod & Katie, they are trying to sell their house to begin their life in another part of the state. They need prayer for not only them and their house but for the couple they are working with to purchase their new house.

*Betty: she is a dance mom at Madyson's studio. She is undergoing major chemo for her 3rd round of breast cancer, her mother just passed away last week, and they found out last Tuesday that her husband's store is closing which will leave him jobless.

*Two of my cousins, Kristina and Christina (funny huh?) are both in the early stages of expecting a baby. Kristina had a false pregnancy last time and had to have a DNC. She has no biological children with Josh but Josh does have a son from a previous relationship.
Christina and Christopher were pregnant with twins and had them early. Their son survived, their daughter went to live in heaven with the Lord.
Please pray for a healthy pregnancy for both of these "TINAS" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat