This has taken months for me to come to terms with but I am. I love to spend money. From November 2, 2009-December 2, 2009...I spent 727.82 cents at a large chain store...and groceries were only 234.03 of that! So my big goal for 2010 is to shop less, save more.
I am going to do my very best to only purchase things if I have a coupon or if they are on sale/consignment. The only exceptions I have given myself is AK's birthday, gas, and bills. Disney has its own account so it won't effect this resolution. But this is something I have to do. I still haven't adjusted to my new "salary". I took a HUGE pay cut when I left my job to go and work for the church. I knew what I was getting into before I did it but I didn't realize how comfortable I was with my spending lifestyle until my bank account started to show it! Todd and I are only giving ourselves 1 date night (with a $50 limit) a month. Instead of 4-8 family nights out we will only have 1 and we will only have a ($45 dollar limit) for that. I have already purchased all my "things" i will need to get my spending in control. I have notebooks to keep up with all my receipts (1 for each month) a coupon box and travel book, I have registered with all the sites for more coupons. I have even signed up on some of our favorite restaurant sites for monthly coupons. So I am ready, and I am asking for you to help keep me compatible. Finances are something people are scared to talk about with others (esp. people you don't' know real well) but Todd and I have a goal to be debt free this year (we don't have alot so it won't be hard but it will be if I keep SPENDING like a maniac)
Also on the list of TO-DO's in 10. is
1) spend Saturday mornings with the girls doing crafts, cooking, playing and less running around.
2) Saying no more often and sticking with it. If you remember from the what I like about me post, I love to take care of other people's problems before handling my own.
3) Care less about "not being part of the crowd" This year has really taken a toll on me when I receive invitations to showers and such and I was not asked to be a hostess. I have got to realize High school is over and this is a minuscule thing.
4) read 2 books a month. I know for you readers two doesn't seem like alot but I don't read. I mean I just got my first library card! so I am starting off with a goal I think I can do and If I get to read more then great!!
5) Witness to people and not be scared to talk about my faith openly. and do a devotion everyday! I pray everyday but this past year I got so overwhelmed with everything I forgot to do my devotions, which is something I miss!!
6)Do more charity work. I made a promise to help with the Ronald McDonald house and I plan to do it!!
7)be more patient with Todd. I am Italian. I have a streak that erupts when I get frustrated/tired/or upset...and Todd usually gets the grunt of it. He works so hard for our family to provide me with the lifestyle I like, I sometimes take it for granted. So I will say thank you more and whine less.
8) Throw at least 2 bags of "junk" out a month.
9) Put my meals into recipes. I don't cook from a recipe...everything is "up here" but every now and then I have a friend ask me how to make something and I literally can't tell them. So in 2010, I want to be able to share my food!
10) Not let laundry get overwhelming. This is something I have to do! I will wait (literally) until our closets are empty of seasonally clothing because I hate to do laundry. Not in 2010!!
Well there you have it! Please do not be afraid to hold me to any of these! I need you to keep me strong and on task!