Tuesday, January 12, 2010

100 post...100 real things about me and the family

okay get your coffee, snuggie, and snack. This is the 100th post and it deserves 100 facts about me & the family...1 thing....these are real. Sometimes not always fabulous...but its us!


1) I really do eat a bag of oreos every 2 days.

2)I begged Todd to trade in our date night this month for a new pair of rain boots for Aubrie and a set of ruffle leggings for Madyson. He agreed. That's how much he loves those girls.

3)my Christmas stuff is all packed up but not up in my attic...it is sitting in a corner of the den.


4)as I get older, I find more of myself in my dad. Odd because he was the parent that I rebelled against the most as a teen.


5) speaking of rebellion...I committed MAJOR sin after sin after sin in jr. high/hs/college/pre marriage. It literally has taken me my entire life to discover that it is so much easier to be a Christian.



6) Todd and I agree on parenting 95% of the time. 5% we have to sit down and do the egg timer routine to hear each other out before deciding on what is best.


7)Madyson said a dirty word the other night. We discovered she heard it from a family member..this is our newest quest in teaching her love words and having a wholesome mouth.


8) It is more important for us to have the girls in church every week and educate them about the Lord than it is for them to be popular, excel in sports, meet benchmarks for their age.


9) Todd is truly my best friend. I can cry, yell, laugh, dance, be silly, screw up, fall, make embarrassing noises...whatever. He still loves me and just picks up any slack I let out. I couldn't do 1/2 of the things I do without him.


10) I do not get my children to sleep. Our kids just started sleeping through the night this past season. Todd gets them to sleep, this allows me to finish my laundry, take a bath, read, or do anything else I need to do and allows him to have some daddy/daughter time.


11) As much as I love working for my church, I miss my elephants, tigers, lemurs, and chimps SOOOOO MUCH.


12) I hate racism. I can't stand when people show it, use it as an excuse, or compare others because of it. We are all human and we all make mistakes regardless of the color of our skin.


13) I am really good at selecting top 10 contestants in pageants. The last 4 Miss America's I had them pegged by evening gown.


14) I have no personal fashion sense. I wear cheap, comfortable clothes and that is okay with me.


15)In the summer we always have a bowl of cucumber & tomato salad in the fridge.


16) I could eat bacon for every meal of the day.


17) I went through an organic food kick for a while, my husband lost 20 lbs, I became anemic...not saying it was related to organic food, but since we added butter back into our lives we are both alot healthier.


18) my biggest fear is disappointing my children.


19) I have 3 sisters and 3 brothers. 3 older and 3 younger. I am the middle child of 7...2 sisters I have never met, but love dearly.


20) I could live in the summer...everyday. I love being warm.


21)my second biggest fear in life is loosing my husband. I couldn't imagine doing this without him.


22)Madyson is named after my best friend who died the summer before 10th grade. Madyson "shelby" broadus. I miss Jennifer Shelby everyday and I still break down at her grave site because my heart hurts without her.


23)My ex co-worker turned "EBONY", Jessica, reminds me of Jennifer. Same sweet spirit and the ability to make me laugh.


24) Todd has no guy friends. I feel so sorry for him but when he gave his life to the Lord and became a better person his friends left. In my thoughts, they weren't really friends anyway. I pray for him everyday to find good Christian guys to play golf with. The good Lord knows he needs testosterone.


25)I have flown 1x in my life. That was to disney is 2004.


26) I read madyson devotion book then read the verses in mine. It helps me understand them better that way.


27) At times, I breakdown because the emotions hit me of all the hurt I caused people growing up.


28) The thing I regret most about my relationship with my mom is the day I told her "You are not my real mother!" She might not of given birth to me but she did raise me to be the person that I am. I have told her many many times how sorry I am, but I still feel horrible.


29) 76% of clothes in my closet are black....


30) I want my parents to be cremated then buried in the animal cemetery I have in our backyard. They both told me to come up with a new plan.


31)I do not know alot about football. I know what a touchdown is...some positions....and names of teams but really I just cheer for the fun of it!


32) I love baseball. (this can be the 1 thing of my present life I can credit to all of my jr high/hs boyfriends) I know more about baseball than my husband. One of my favorite classes in college was a class all about baseball!


33)I really want to have 8 kids. Todd loves kids but he would be happy with 3. we have decided we will try to have one more and if God wants us to adopt children, we will accept as many as he provides.


34)I love to teach 4 year old Sunday School because the kids are thriving to know more about the bible and "Jesus". 6 months into it and they finally will answer a question with something other than "JESUS" . Plus it really warms my heart when they run into church with a smile and give me a hug...makes me think I am doing something right.


35) Todd is so amazing teaching the 6th grade boys. He allows them to grow spiritual but teaches them life lessons too. Really makes me proud of my choice in a husband.


36) My house is never clean. It is a sad sad truth. I can clean clean clean and within 24 hours it is destroyed again. My philosophy for 2010 is "We will keep it under control but we will not stress if it is not perfect" This has turned into sweeping/dusting/dishes/laundry everyday. Vacuum/mopping every other day. It is amazing how much time I have for my kids this way.


37) Playdough is in our house and the kids love it.


38) television is my worst enemy. It is the next addiction I will conquer after my spending addiction is fixed.


39)I love animals too much. I would have 8 kids and 150 animals if my husband would let me =)


40) I once had a "friend" tell me, "you devote too much of your time to your kids, come out with us!" Is there such a thing as too much time??


41) I resented Madyson the first 30 minutes of her life. a) she stole my birthday b) she gave me HUGE stretchmarks down my legs c) as soon as she was born my husband left me for her....Once the medication wore off and they brought her to me with a tiny pink bow...I was in love.


42) I was so disappointed when we found out Aubrie Kate was a girl. I really REALLY wanted a boy. Now I want to slap myself for feeling that way. I LOVE having two girls so close in age. I can't wait to watch them grow up...Even though Todd and I both are dreading preteens-teen age.


43) If Todd could describe me in 1 word it would probably be WEIRD.


44) i love monogrammed stuff....which makes me wonder why I spelled my kids names wrong.


45) Aubrie Kate is named after model 23 on Deal or No Deal and Todd's Grandma....unique.


46) My heart was broken more times from age 12-20 than it should have been. My girls will not be allowed serious relationships so young.


47) I went on a mission trip one year and witnessed to 4 very tall, African American boys on a basketball court. 5 minutes later a cloud cross appeared in the sky. It was an awesome moment in my life.


48) I got mad at Todd one time because he would "camp out" in the bathroom...So I took the door knob off. I forgot Madyson was potty training...she ran in...shut the door and was stuck until I could figure out how to get her out. Needless to say, I put the door knob back on.


49) I quit The Arts Council of Clinton because I was stressed with my family life. Probably one of my worst decisions. I miss my artsy friends.


50)My family wants me to run for mayor.hahahahhahahahahha


51) I have tattoos and I love them. My favorite is my Icthus fish on my foot. Constant reminder of God being with me every step.


52) I miss tanning beds! Shun you skin cancer!!


53) Madyson's first word was cookie. Aubrie's was Daddy.


54) I give my child liquid yogurt to drink @ breakfast instead of juice/milk/soda. That way if she doesn't eat she is still getting something.


55) I use to hate kids. When Todd and I worked together in the restaurant business, if a table came in with kids...I would get him to take care of them.


56) I want to move to Birmingham, AL so I can go to culinary school. It has been the biggest dream of mine. Todd wants to move there too....we are both babies about leaving our mommas though.


57) Every time I wear eyeliner I feel like a hooker.


58) I love to go to the grocery store.


59).....by myself.


60) the best part of having girls is getting to play with barbies all over again. We have no Kens. JUST GIRLS...NO BOYS ALLOWED!


61) Sarah means princess.....fitting.


62) My name when I was born was Angela...messenger of God.....pretty cool.


63) My freshman year: I was voted Cutest in my class


64) My sophomore year: I was voted Class favorite


65) Jr. & Senior year I was secretary...then president of Health Occupations Students of America...


66) in college I was going to nursing school, until my advisor told me I wasn't compassionate enough...so I went with communications.


67) once I got a taste of the real world I preferred that over college. I quit 12 hours (classes) before graduation. I am going back this summer, my momma says I have to finish.


68) I love event planning, it is the best career choice ever. I just never realized how much I would miss my family by being in this field. Case-in-point. Aubrie's first year of life. I went back to work 4 weeks after she was born and I literally scheduled her birthday party around my work schedule. That's when I knew I needed to retire.


69) I cannot do any type of math besides the basics. I do not remember geometry, algebra or anything my high school teachers tried to teach me.


70) I only eat apple jelly. If I go somewhere and ask for it, and that place doesn't have it, I will ask for strawberry just so I wont look strange.



71) I gave up caffeine for 1 week. I was the meanest person.



72) I use to go to walmart everyday. Since Jan. 1, I have been 2x.



73) I gained 100lbs when I was pregnant with Madyson. I was on bedrest so don't judge.



74) With Aubrie I gained 60lbs...and wasn't on bedrest....you can judge there.



75) I don't LOVE sushi. I like it and Ill eat it but I don't LOVE it.



76)My favorite bible verse of all times is Proverbs 16:3.



77) one of my favorite parts about my job is when there is down time I can pull out my bible and read it at my desk...and nobody looks at me funny.



78) speaking of my desk. I have a picture of us at Disney last year and a heart paper weight from my ebony.



79) My girls hair will not grow. We trim it, wash it, brush it....nothing. THe only reason it concerns me is because it concerns Madyson.



80) I will go 3 days before I wash a pair of jeans.



81) I love "God things". I love when something happens and you just sit back and say..."Wow, God was in control of that whole situation. "



82) I don't read baby books or milestone books. I don't want to compare my kids to others. As long as they are healthy I am happy.



83) I love coconut, Todd does not.



84) I have seen a baby giraffe being born....amazing.



85) I could eat Hershey kisses all day long.



86) I once wrote a letter to Ziploc praising them on Steamer Bags. They sent me a letter back with coupons!



87) I can not stand cigarettes. I mean really....whats the purpose?



88) One day I will publish a book. Even if it is a kids book...I am going to do it!

89) I would love to home school my kids if I thought I could. But they would end up only knowing the basics of the world.

90)Todd calls me 2...maybe 3x during his work day! At his old job we use to talk the entire way to work and then our entire lunch breaks. Now he just calls and "checks in"

91) I look at pictures of people from back in the day to the present and they usually have changed for the better...I prefer myself back in the day. Now I feel worn out looking, with blackheads and non perkies.

92) I love Old Navy Flirt Jeans! they fit me just right.

93) Todd has more clothes than I do and they cost more. He likes designers I like cheap...we balance.

94) I never answer my phone. Everyone will agree with this.

95) I am however addicted to social networking. Send me a facebook message and you will get a response back asap.

96) I am so excited all my friends are finally starting to have babies!!!

97) When Madyson is 22, I will be 44. I couldn't imagine being a grandma in my mid 40's!!!

98) I could watch the Notebook over and over.

99)When I go to sleep I like to watch shows that are silly and pointless that way I don't get into them and I fall asleep.

100) Aubrie Kate is 22 months old and 1 day...creeping towards the two's!!

There you have it 100 facts about me, todd, and the kiddos. Happy 100th post day!

4 comments:

  1. i loved this, i love to learn facts about people. i am with you, i don't answer my phone. if you leave me a voicemail, i wont check it. however, text or FB me and you've got it. :)

    ps - i want to own a doggie day care one day, but one that the doggies never go home, they are all mine. my husband thinks i am weird too. i tell him there is a method to my madness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud several times! I really like getting to know more about your family. My Nanny always told me that scrubbing the scalp helps stimulate hair growth...we had trouble getting Mattie Leigh's to grow and I started scrubbing it with a soft brush when I gave her a bath. Now hers is growing like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just saw your post on FB about your blog and i had to come check it out! such fun facts! i'll have to tell JA some of this --- she will love hearing about you! so glad you teach 4 year olds, too.

    carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post! Cute idea.

    I laughed out loud with the eyeliner.

    I'm with you on the comfy clothes.

    Drea

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat