Tuesday, January 19, 2010

100 things II

You've Got to love her...Sarah was so excited to reach her 100th blog post of her "blogging life". Then a few days later she hit delete instead of post on some of her most heartfelt drafts and that brought her down to 91. So here we are at our "100th" for the second time. So that makes it my turn...SO for all you fact-crazed bloggers...this one is for you.

1) Sarah not only eats Oreos all the time...she drinks Chocolate Milk everynight before she goes to bed....even on our honeymoon.



2) Madyson looks like me, and acts like Sarah.


3) Aubrie looks like Sarah, and acts like me.


4) My biggest flaw is leaving soda cans where ever I set them down.


5) If Sarah could describe me in one word it would probably be supportive.


6)Madyson is getting to that age where she can do everything "BY HERSELF"...breaks my heart.


7) the first 3 months of Aubrie's life I had a hard time bonding with her...Sarah finally reminded me that she wasn't going anywhere and I better start building a relationship with her. So whenever I was off work she stayed home with me. She is now a daddy's girl...and I am wrapped.


8)For the first time in my life I am driving a car that I own, that I picked out, and that is not a piece of junk.


9)Sarah is Italian and sometimes this is great (passionate) sometimes this is scary (picture raging 5ft 3 girl with a handgun)


10) jk about a handgun...that would be considered a "weapon" in her book.


11) Speaking of weapons I like pocket knives. They come in handy at work and when packages need to be opened. Sarah freaks and tells me I am going to be arrested for caring it.


12)My first wedding ring was a cheap plastic..bendable circle. I wore it with pride until I got my real ring.


13) Madyson does weird things sometimes that makes me wonder where she came from..


14) Aubrie will copy her now...


15) Then sarah walks by and does the same thing....then I remember...my wife is weird so my children will be weird too.


16) Sarah loves to teach Aubrie new "tricks" this was cute until she started rewarding her with mini m&m's. She wanted a dog and got 2 kids but she still tries to train them.... j/k


17) The First Time I held Madyson I knew that I was supposed to be a father.

18) The First Time I held Aubrie I thought I am the luckiest man in the world. Two beautiful healthy girls and a loving wife. I do not need anything else.


19) I am the parent the girls go to when they want something...Sarah is the Time-Out Cop. If we have a boy Ill let her be favorite parent to him...maybe.


20) I would love 2 more kid(s). Children are our contributions to the world.

21) Sarah always tells me she likes me in my glasses, makes me wonder what she thinks of me when I don't have them on?


22) Each day I thank God for my family.

23) The first thing I do when I get to work in the morning is look at the results from the prior day.

24) If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be Europe.

25) I love steak...Sarah likes Seafood. Surf and Turf was created for us.


26)If you were to ask Sarah, "What is the sweetest thing Todd has done for you in the past six months, she would probably say surprising her with Hot White Chocolate the night of the Christmas Parade. She had been working on 2 floats all day and was freezing.


27) My favorite thing about mine and sarah's relationship is how we know what the other is thinking without having to say anything.


28) When Sarah and I first started hanging out she had a book she had created called "How to date a princess" It has things about her in it like favorite scents, candies, goals and dreams. I stole the book...hoping to steal her heart, but I think she thought I was creepy.


29) I picked out Sarah's engagement ring 2 weeks after meeting her. I knew I loved her and that she was my one.


30)Sarah likes to sleep with the TV on and the Fan off. I like to sleep with the Fan on and the TV off...You can imagine our conversations EVERY night.


31) Aubrie Kate loves to watch Toddlers and Tiaras or Little Miss Perfect. It is right up there next to Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba.


32) Speaking of...what is going on with children shows today? Sesame Street is "New Aged"...Yo Gabba Gabba is weird. Kai Lin has friends name rentwo and ho ho....What happened to the Flinstones, Smurfs, and Jetsons?


33) I never had the "birds and the bees" talk.

34) Sarah tells me all the time the reason we have two girls is because of the way I treated girls growing up...she says now I am the father that is going to have to comfort girls.


35) As silly is it sounds, Sarah saves all the fortunes from our fortune cookies. I guess she is waiting to see if they ever come true.


36)She also saved all the cards, roses, and stuff I gave her when we were "hanging out".


37) Our first dinner date was to Outback. She likes the crawfish tail appetizer.


38)I was a car salesman once....worse job ever.


39) I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.


40) Sarah calls our family the "Jerry Springer Family" She has Her Parents (Johnny and Debbie) her half sister and half brother (wesley & shannon) Her BioDad (Bob & his wife Paula) her 1/2 brothers (gauge & tristen) her biomom (becky & her husband..even though they have never talked to each other)her 1/2 sisters Renea & mary...then I have my Mom & Stepdad (Rusty) my dad (Ricky) his exwife who is still like my step mom (Donna) together they had Nick (my little brother) and Donna had Corey & Casey from her first marriage...confused yet?


41)When you ask Madyson "Where does Jesus live?" She responds with "In My Heart."that makes me so happy, even more happier that she learned this at Sunday School and understands it.


42) The greatest thing Sarah has ever done for me was say yes.

43) I prefer to start my life from age 20 that is when I figured out who I wanted to be, who I wanted to be with.

44) The thing I miss most about high school is sports.


45) If you ask Sarah what she misses most about high school it would be her "perkies".


46) My favorite movie is Harry Potter. Stupid I know.


47) Sarah's favorite movie is The Notebook.

48)When Sarah and I started talking about dating her response was, "You don't want to date me...I am not a good girlfriend." So instead, I married her...she is a great wife.


49) I am excited about our trip to Disney World. After last year I think I have my system worked out.


50) Sarah is the cutest when she is excited.


51) Sarah calls me a tie hoe.


52) I would sleep all the time if I could.


53) In 5 years I still haven't learned about a laundry basket. I know that is one of my wife's greatest hopes for me.


54) I love playing golf but I never get to play.

55) Madyson is at the age when she is scared of the dark.

56) I love to annoy my mother in law.

57) My favorite chips are New York style garlic bagel chips.

58) They are Aubries too.

59) I love to watch movies, Sarah loves to watch reality tv, imagine that...

60) I have slept maybe 2 full nights in 2 years.

61) Sarah's good at sleeping.

62) Sarah likes the word whimsical.

63) I love beer but never drink.

64) Im from the south but I dont drink sweet tea.

65) I can call Mittens and she actually comes.

66) Mittens is a cat.

67) I can pop every joint in my body.

68) Football can really take its toll on your bones.

69) I have broken over 20 bones in my body.

70) I can watch football and soccer on tv and be perfectly happy...

71) Sarah cant stand to watch 5 minutes.

72) Madyson and Aubrie almost know more about football than Sarah does...

73) Talk about being a good father.

74) I hate talking on the phone but I always have my phone near me.

75) Sarah wont answer her phone...

76) Period.

77) Her phone is an extension of her social networks.

78) I love being cold...

79) I will do anything my wife asks me to do...

80) I might complain a little though.

81) My biggest fear is not being able to provide for my family.

82) God blesses me every time I see my family.

83) My idea of cleaning is a quick fix...

84) our children are worse than a natural disaster.

85) I try very hard to juggle the emotions of 3 women fighting for my attention.

86) I now know that I will never get this down perfect.....

87) but I can try.

88) One of my doctors said that I had broken my back at one point in time and it never healed properly so if I turn the wrong way my left leg goes numb for a split second.

89) I love Praline's and Cream ice cream thanks to my grandmother.

90) My favorite thing to do is relax with Sarah when the girls are asleep.

91) We (the wife and myself) have matching pajamas. We are "cute"

92) I have a tendency to always eat the last of something. i.e. the last oreos, the last cookie...the last root beer.

93) When Sarah is talking to her Clinton friends she refers to me as "the private school boy".

94) Madyson inherited my eye problems. We both wear glasses to fix it.

95) Pageant moms scare me...i think Aubrie is going to force us to become pageant parents. She loves all things frufru, sequined, and prissy.

96) Aubrie walks in Sarah's heels better than Sarah does.

97) I am a house divided within myself...Go Dawgs/Roll Tide. Sarah grosses out at the latter.

98)I hate to be late for anything

99) Madyson just learned how to put the breaks on when she is riding her new bike. She says she is riding in the neighborhood 4th of July parade...which means I will have to go with her...fun...

100)I love having the support and love of my wife and the joy of my daughters, I can only imagine life getting better from here.



Wow, that was harder than I thought it was going to be. Well I am sure it wasn't as interesting as some others but I tried. Now I am going to bed, its been a long day.

4 comments:

  1. Todd, I really enjoyed this, and I laughed out loud several times! I've loved reading about your family--it's definitely been awhile since high school, huh!? I'm thrilled to see you doing so well, and I've LOVED reading about Sarah and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny...and I loved how you told all my secrets. I love you anyway and yes the time you did still my book....you were def. creepy! But in a cute way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At one point I could get Jarod to post...now he NEVER posts. I love reading these facts about y'all, and I have to say that Todd has changed for the better since high school just from what I have gathered from y'all's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 101) I can not use words correctly. Still=Steal...seriously?!?! Who came up with the same word, spelled different? Who cares If I Steal or If I sit still??Make life easy and spell it the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat