Thursday, January 28, 2010

The unprayed for decision.

Yesterday was a miserable day for me....well, the latter part of the day.

I got to preschool to pick up Madyson and her very expensive glasses had tape all over them. Turns out the wittle-bitty screw that she has, had fallen out...again. Her right lens (that are over $200.00 each) had scratched and had fallen out...again. So I could just see the dollar amounts adding up of how much this was going to cost.

She has a very weak muscle in her eye that turns her eye in at random moments. the lenses are very strong and thick to help fix this problem Walmart doesn't sell her lenses so we had to go to an eye glasses shop. We have amazing insurance 1x a year. Her glasses and lenses will be about $35.00 but then after that...we are on our on.

I was really trying to hold out until April to get our pair for the year because that is when she goes back to the eye doctor and some things might have changed from the last time...and if they had we will need that insurance paid pair. So, I sent them with Todd today for him to run them by the eye glasses shop to see if they could repair them and maybe buff the scratch out....we will see...and hope!

Well on my way back to work (Working for the church I work until 7 on Wednesdays) Todd called. He had spoken with his "big boss" and they were wanting him to move to the Airport Store. Most people would find this a big compliment because that is where they train alot of people for the higher step up....but not me. He would have to work some nights until 11pm....He is already so tired as it is when he gets home at 6pm...I can't imagine what 11 will be like.

And I am from a family where my dad worked EVERY night. I know how much I missed him and how much he missed out on...still does.

BUT on the upside there is more money involved...he says there is a possibility that he would only work 4 out of 7 days, and his boss was a friend of mine in college...so she knows how I am and how important it is for me and the girls to have him.

The biggest problem I had about this is he had to give them an answer asap...so there wasn't alot of time to discuss or pray about it. I really don't like to not pray about a decision anymore. But Todd did remind me that I had been praying for God to guide us on weather he wanted us to stay here in Jackson or move out of state and by Todd getting this position at a bigger branch, it could be his way of saying stay.

He usually finds the silver lining in all the clouds! So for now, I am going to be nothing but supportive and open to this plan. The girls and I will just have to get our acts together on the night daddy isn't there to take care of us all. I will ask each of you to please pray for my strength during this. Todd & I have always done parenting as a team. The girls are use to their night time routines and this is going to take a toll on them and on my patience so any prayers that the transition goes smoothly will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat