Monday, January 18, 2010

Madyson Moment

I love the heart of a child...and the mind..and how things are 1 way or the other. Madyson always has her way of thinking and I sometimes remember to write them down, so I can have them to treasure forever. Tonight was a priceless conversation that I can't wait to share with her on her wedding day!

Tonight, Madyson found a picture of Todd and I when we first met. I think we had known each other for 3 weeks. Here is how the conversation went:

Madyson:"Mommy, Where am me?"

Me:"Baby, you weren't here yet, that was when Daddy and I first met"

Madyson:"Was I in your tummy"

Me:"No"

Madyson:"Where was I?"

Me:*Contemplating the answer bc I think it is just TOO early for the birds and the bees.*."Well baby you were with God. He had your spirit, preparing you for us"

Madyson: "I was dead?"

Me:"No baby, you weren't born yet. All babies start out as a thought of God's. He has a plan for everyone and you were part of Mine & Daddy's plan"

Madyson: "oh....was I on your calendar? Like your meetings?"

Me:"No....you were a surprise...a Great surprise!"

Madyson: *looking very sad* But mommy!! You don't like surprises!!!

Its a white or black world and I am just the shade of gray called mom!

3 comments:

  1. That's adorable!! I love moments like that..their little minds are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny! I can't wait for my little girl to be big enough to ask silly questions and for me to ponder how I'm going to answer... Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so FUNNY!! And so CUTE!!! You will be glad you wrote this down!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat