Sunday, March 28, 2010

You asked, I'll tell.


Here are the things you wanted to know about me!

What are your favorite places (retail and consignment) to get outfits for the girls?
1) Freckles Consignment Shop-Clinton
2) Leapfrog Consignment Shop-Madison
4) Peppy & Posh: Boutique Clothes (in Clinton)
5) Ebay
6) Target (play/school clothes)

I know you and Todd have been budgeting more this year. What resources did you use in creating your budget? 

No Resources, Just stress level.
Todd and I like to shop and buy things and our girls have more than they will ever need. Our problem was we would spend tons (like $700+ in 1 month at walmart on nothing...)

So we just sat down, figured out how much we needed for the month. Taking all shopping except the girls spring attire out. We ended up saving over $1000 a month. We just got rid of alot of our things we didn't need. Netflix, The Gym membership, dinners at fancy places, lunches out everyday... and we instead applied that money to bills. We are almost out of debt and its just March. It really works you just have to be willing to be disciplined and say no, even when you really want to say yes.


-How many children do you and Todd want?
Ideally 3 or 4. But we are completely leaving it up to God. He has already given us 2 amazing girls and if it is his will for more, either adopted or biological then we are open to that. We both know he is in control and his plans always trump ours.

-What would your dream house be like? What style, etc?
My dream house would be a 2 story southern style home, sitting on acres of land with an oak tree lined drive. There would be a wrap-around porch on the first and second floors. The floor would creak a little when you walked on it. There would be a claw foot tub in all 3 bathrooms. the house would be decorated comfortable. You wouldn't be scared to touch or live in the house. There would also be a screened porch on the back that had a little iron bed on it. Thats where I would nap, read, or drink my sweet tea. 

-What's your favorite movie?
I love all types of movies. Because I said so, Mary Poppins, Pretty Woman, Steel Magnolias, Blindside, Remember the Titans, The great debaters, The Notebook...if it is touching, girly, or based on a true story. I usually like it.
-What's your dream vacation? 
Eating my way through Italy. Literally stopping at every restaurant and trying whatever the waiter brought me.
-What baby names do you like? 
Hatley, Kegean, Patrick, Kylie, Ava, Caroline, Elise, Claire, Hannah
we have a name picked out for a girl (EAB) and a name for a boy (JKB)
But thats a secret for when those kiddos come. Each of our kids have their own name
(Madyson) (Aubrie) then their middle name is after someone special (Shelby)(Kate)

-What was a favorite part of your wedding? 
My photographer, My dress, the amazing amount of flowers, having all my friends there to witness it. and the first time I saw Todd.

have you ever had any celebrity run-ins?
Living in Clinton we grew up with "Celebrities" as classmates or neighbors. 
But besides them
ToneLoc (sp?) The guy that sings "Funky Cold Medina" used my cellphone after his concert. It was a high light of my highschool year
 I have met Abe off of MTV RoadRules/Real World in 2003.
Corbin Bleu from High School Musical at Disney last year...didn't know it was him until I had embarrassed myself. 

Emailed Questions:
Why did you name your kids what you did?
Madyson was picked out since I was younger. But Todd chose the spelling. Shelby was my best friend growing up's middle name. Aubrie came from the fact we had no idea what to name another girl because we were for sure God was going to give us our boy...so we picked her name while watching Deal or No Deal. Kate is Todd's grandma's name

Do your girls enjoy school?
Yes. They love it. They literally wave bye to me when I drop them off. Madyson really learns alot and Aubrie gets tons of attention because her classes are small.

You've said you couldn't be a stay at home mom, why?
I have always had a desire for work. I loved to work growing up. I had my 5 year plan worked out. I can't stand to not be doing some sort of event work. It is my passion. But the girls changed all my plans. Now, I have the best of both worlds.

Favorite T.V. Show?
I love reality tv. If they ever have a Couples Apprentice, Todd and I will win.
But my all time favorite show is Bewitched, the black and white versions.

Do you cook alot?
5 nights a week. I make my menus on Saturday night and go from there. I don't cook on Tuesday bc of Community Group and on Wednesday we eat at the church.

Favorite Food?
Quesadillas, anytime. Turnip Greens and Homemade Biscuits when I am in a funk, oreos daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat