Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wednesday's Words: Letter M

M is for









Madyson!
The vibrant 3 & 3/4 year old princess that makes my life so bright.


Right now Madyson is obsessed with becoming a doctor. (where this came from??)




She puts on her scrubs, takes out her medical kit, and comes and does "check ups" on all of us.




She ask me the other day if I had any books on body parts and bones. We are now learning the skeletal system.






She is an amazing big sister who shares, cleans up, and sings to her "aubee"




She is very deep. She has recently become concerned with Death, getting old, and Sally "the baby in her belly"




At any given moment she will embarrass you and not mean too.


Most recent example: At the grocery store Sunday, we were sitting in the produce section and she informed Todd & I that she prayed for us today in Sunday School. Of course the noisy old lady picking apples had to listen in. I say "well that was sweet, what did you pray for?" She said: "After I turned in my money (her offering) I went back to the classroom and asked Gavin (her boyfriend) to pray with me. I then asked God to please give my daddy his money back."
I turned red, Todd shook his head in disbelief, and the old lady laughed.




She has numerous medical problems:


She was born a few weeks premature.


She had ear infections from week 4 until we got tubes


Our first pediatrician told us the tubes had come out after 3 months


I switched doctors they found out she just has excessive wax and both tubes were there


she then developed eczema all over her body


with that came folliculitis on her tush


with that came staph infections on her bottom, legs and feet


then she had to get glasses because her muscle in her eye quit working


but luckily we have been healthy the past year! and Sunday night we saw a tube in the ear canal making its way out!


She is allergic to all types of lotions, soap, detergent, materials, foods...makes shopping easy since there is no variation.




I have never talked to her like a baby and I think that has helped her vocabulary. She always wants to know what this means and how to pronounce something.




She can count to 100 in english, 25 in spanish. She knows 40 spanish terms and 30+ chinese terms.




She has memorized all the locations of her favorite restaurants




She would eat macaroni & cheese, Chicken nuggets & french fries, and bacon & biscuits everyday.




She has never eaten a hamburger, spaghetti, bread (besides cornbread & biscuits), peanut butter, or fish.


She is crazy, funny, loving and fabulous all in one big ball!









3 comments:

  1. Aw this post makes me want to see her and talk to her again. She is just so cute! Didn't Todd have some of those medical problems? I know he had the eye thing. Oh and p.s. I made you a CD of pictures that i'm putting in the mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute, i think i love her too. my kind of girl...i could eat mac & cheese and french fries (i gave up fast food for lent and i NEED some french fries) everyday too! sweet girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey: you should come visit!!!! and yes, Todd had the ear business and eye business. Madyson has his blood type as well. Thanks so much for the CD!

    Amy: you would love her. She and L would be a mess together.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat