Saturday, March 20, 2010

My To-Read & Saturday review

Most of the books I read are faith based or nicholas sparks. (I am a sucker for a sappy love story)

Well, My aunt gave me this book the other day. She was finished and she knows I am trying to read so many books a month that she thought I would like to try something new. So in my bag of To-Reads is 


THE HELP

by Kathryn Stockett. I have read the reviews and even though this isn't something I would have normally picked out by myself, I love to support any Mississippian. So, I am going to give it a shot! When I am done I will review it for you.  

Today was crazy busy. I started at 8am! Todd was home until noon then he was off to work for the rest of the evening (midnight) so I had to run all my errands before 11. This included home depot, taking clothes to Freckles Consignment Shop, Walmart, The Dollar Tree, and picking up a friend who was walking with Marathon Makeover and got sick and needed to get to her car.

Once I was home I was waiting on my sister to call to see if we were going to venture out with the kids to the St. Patrick's Day Parade, BUT Thing 2 (aubrie) took apart my phone without me knowing...so when 1pm came around and I hadn't heard from her, I started my GREAT CLOSET CLEANOUT! Don't forget to participate! Your blurb doesn't have to be anything fancy. It can be very basic. I don't know alot about grammar and misspelled words, so don't feel like you are going to be judge on that!

I cleaned out the closet for 4 hours before making Tomato Sandwiches for dinner. You know you are raising your kids right when they ask for a "mater samich" for dinner =) Gotta love the south!




3 comments:

  1. i've heard that 'the help' is WONDERFUL. i'd like to read it as well. maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im reading the exact book right now and already have half a blog post written about it! how funny! im not planning on posting until i finish, but it is an amazing book and makes you think...and makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Help is very good! I just finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, every time I drive down Fortification and Woodrow Wilson I find myself wondering about the characters in the book!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat