Wednesday, March 3, 2010

7 days to go...


Today marks the week countdown to Aubrie Kate's birthday. My baby is turning 2, which brings a whole new era of challenges such as bye-bye diapers, 2 talking girls and the paci party.
I think this birthday is so hard for me because I haven't gotten to spend alot of time with Aubrie in her 2 years of life and now the "baby" days are gone.
I went back to work 3 weeks after she was born. I had a huge event, I had to be there. Then it was nonstop at the zoo for the next 18 months. Literally, it has been in the last 6 months that I have gotten to know my daughter. You can see post from last year, I didn't even wish her a happy birthday on here...just a quick run down of her birthday party.

This is the hardest part of being a working mom of 2 kids. With Madyson, I had the pleasure of staying home with her for 6 months, then I got focused and started building my business. I chose event planning before I ever had thought of being a mom. Now, I am just so blessed that God yanked me by my hair and jerked me into reality. Do I miss the fabulous money and exciting lifestyle that comes with the job? ABSOLUTELY but I would give all the money back just to get some baby time with Aubrie.

I feel like she has gotten cheated in life and I find myself trying more and more to compensate for that lost time. Madyson has always had timeout...always. We don't spank because we don't have too. Timeout works...very well. Madyson started time out at 1 and I believe that is a reason why she is well behaved. Aubrie is just now getting time out. why you ask?
1) I wasn't around enough to start the process & 2) When I was around I didn't want to punish her because I felt that she would really think I didn't love her.

Since I started my new role at the church and have been able to bond with Aubrie I have seen such a tremendous turnaround in her behavior. She knows if she does wrong she has to sit in her sad chair but she knows when she gets up, Mommy is there with a hug.

As sad as I am that my baby days are gone, I am looking forward to the events I have planned for her next week. We are going to have 3 days to celebrate my fabulous diva daughter's venture into toddlerhood!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your sweet blogs - how do you find time to write? Your girls are precious. Miss you! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you too! Will you please bring that sweet baby down south!?!?! I usually blog from my phone as I am sitting at red lights, in a meeting or in the bath tub. Sad I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! yayy for march 11 babies! can i ask you a question about madyson? was she born with the eye/muscle problem, or is that something that developed later? i ask because we have been noticing that macy has a bit of a lazy eye when she first wakes up and when she is tired, but we've only been noticing it for a couple of weeks now. we have her one year checkup next week and we're going to ask the doc about it then, but i was just wondering about your situation! and if you'd prefer not to discuss on here, i totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she developed it later in life. She was fine until she was about 18 months then we started to notice it. The doctor just figured it was a lazy eye so they didn't do anything. When we changed pediatricians she suggested we go to the eye doctor and it turns out that the muscles (or whatever they are) that control the eye are weak and her eye will turn in. It got really bad shortly after and we got glasses 1 month before Disney last year. The glasses help but when she takes them off and gets tired she has trouble focusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i can't believe the first doctor didn't do anything! from all that i've read, a lazy eye *should* be treated asap, either with a patch, glasses, or as a last resort, surgery. so are the glasses something she'll always have to wear, or only for a certain length of time, or do you know? (sorry for all the questions!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are waiting to find out! I am changing doctors because the first guy had the bedside manner of a stick. Hopefully this new guy will tell us glasses for a while, contacts, or surgery. She hates it and knows it makes her look different. so I am just trying to get it fixed as soon as we can.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat