Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tips Tuesday: Laundry...ughhhh




Leslie Lambert at Lamberts Lately is doing Tips Tuesday and today the tip is Laundry!

Well we all know my on going battle with dirty clothes. With 4 people (2 of them being under 4) we have TONS of laundry. So even though I despise it, I do it.

Here are my few tips for Laundry

1) Buy Shout Color Catchers: I was eavesdropping on a conversation one day in Wal-mart and heard these ladies discussing their husbands terrible laundry skills. Well one said to another "buy Shout Color Catchers, they work. You just throw them in with the wash and off you go, it catches all the colors" I thought this couldn't be but I had a coupon so I bought a box. AND THEY WORK! In 8 months we have not had any bleed overs on any clothes. its like a little dryer sheet for the wash!


2) Have a basket for each person and when that basket gets filled wash it. Then when you dry it and fold them they are all back in that person's basket.

3) If you are like me and have those weeks (yes plural) where you hate laundry and its not going to get done. Only to end up with 14+ baskets (we keep extra in the garage) of laundry. Cry big crocodile tears to your husband and have him go to the super laundry mats and wash them all in the big washers.
(i have done this once and it was the most fabulous thing ever!14 baskets of clothes washed & dried in 2 hours)

So there ya go!
Now get washing!


1 comment:

  1. I'm having an anti-laundry week right now. My excuse is that I have a cold and climbing up and down the stairs to get to the laundry room wears me out.

    We have two little girls, too. It is amazing how many clothes they go through. And I can easily use an entire bottle of stain remover on their clothes in one week.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat