Monday, March 15, 2010

7 things you probably don't care to know about me but will find fascinating.

Well, Katie put me to this challenge first. Then Ashley created a Linky thing so I guess Ill cave and tell you 
7 things you probably don't care to know about me but will find fascinating. I hope I don't loose any readers after these.

1) I have tattoos. Multiple Tattoos. Only 1 is visible daily but I have many 5 to be exact. I got my first one when I was 18. It was a stupid random night in New Orleans that ended in body art. Then as I grew (well each year until I was 22) I got another one. This time to symbolize something important in my life.
I have my original sun. no meaning

Then I have the chinese symbol for rat on my ankle. 1984 is the year of the rat, In Chinese, the Rat is respected and considered a courageous, enterprising person.  People born in the Year of Rat are clever and bright, sociable and family-minded.  They have broad interests and strong ability in adapting to the environment and able to react adequately to any changes.
They are gifted in many ways and have an easy going manner.  They are active and pleasant, tactful and fantastic, and are able to grasp opportunities.  They seem to have interests in everything and hope to participate in doing it and usually do it very well.

I have the "Jesus Fish" on my foot. I got this during the hardest time of my life. This symbolizes that no matter what I am going through. I know that God is walking with me every step of the way.

I have 3 stars that symbolizes My Faith, My Family, My Future

Then I have tribal markings to represent my journey from lost to found.

Now I know what the bible says about tattoos. I do understand. And like I said, I haven't had one since I was 22. But for me, it is my way of reminding myself daily of the struggles I have gone through to get where I am today. All of mine are tastefully done, in black and white, and all but 4 of them were put on my body by a Christian Praise Band Leader/Tattoo Artist.

2) I have the WORST vocabulary. I don't know if it is because I just don't read enough, or if it is because I can't keep things in my brain long enough. But my vocabulary is very simple. I have to look up alot of words that people use, to figure out what they are talking about. Big words don't impress me, so I guess that is why i have none in my vocabulary. And probably is why I am good at communicating to children?!

3) I sound like a chipmunk when I speak. I literally get mistaken for a 12 year old all the time. It is really annoying! The other day a girl scout came to MY house to sell cookies and when I opened the door and said hey, her mother's response was "is your mother home?" SERIOUSLY!?!?

4) I am always cold. It can be 100 degrees outside and I am cold. My iron levels are normal (finally!) but I am still cold.

5) When I get overwhelmed and frustrated I get angry. Real angry. Usually Todd gets the grunt of this. Which he has learned to control. He usually sends me to sonic by myself to eat greasy food and drink an entire Route 44 until I am cooled off.

6) I have a fast tongue and slow brain. I speak a lot of times before I think. Sometimes this is good because the honesty comes out that needs to come out. Sometimes this is bad. Then I have to apologize. I am the friend you take shopping with you. I will tell you what you look like in an outfit.

7) I think the word "smitten" is adorable.

There you go! I am suppose to tag 7 people but a lot of you I don't know! So you can leave a comment with your 7 things or link on Ashley's!

5 comments:

  1. I struggle with 5 and 6 as well :) I liked your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you participated. I love learning new things about people! By the way, I'm a Christian, and I don't think there's anything wrong with tattoos. I got my first, and so far only, one a couple of years ago and I love it. I want another one to represent/remind me of my daily walk with Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just "ran-into" your blog because of ashley's blog! i love to read new blogs! i have two tattoos too! they are both symbols of my faith and relationship with christ, so i am right there with you! i loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. i would have to say.. i find you interesting and very creative.. i love you but hey i don't care what you say i think your a wonderful person all the way around.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat