Sunday, March 7, 2010

In a funk, but with a new design!

Lets start with the obvious....we have a new look at the Broadus Bunch Blog....Thanks to Mrs. Leslie Lambert the blog got a style makeover which both Todd and I agree on!
 (Even though he has only done 1 post...he still considers this his blog too... and it can't be too girly)
Now the Funk. On Friday I was doing good I had 8 out of 12 items on my to-do list done by noon. I was rocking. Then it all set in. Todd is working all weekend, I have an amazingly busy week, Aubrie turns 2, and I am hosting a party at my house that has been under construction for a year (and still is...just a cleaned up mess)
and I have lost my day planner. 

So in Sunday fashion, lets break it down.
1)Todd working. My idea...totally my idea. I wanted him to work this weekend. I thought that it would be better than next. But the girls miss him so much, I miss him so much.

2)Amazingly busy week.
I have to work 24 hours in 3 days in order to make up the time I am missing from February only having 28 days (seriously...worst idea ever)
Monday: normal routine...see here
Tuesday: normal routine +2 year check up..see here
Wednesday: Normal routine see here
Thursday: Ak's bday, no work, all about her day...party must be ready to go bc
Friday: Madyson's field trip, meeting with nonprofit, house cleaning, cupcake baking, bill paying day
Saturday: Ak's bday party

3) Ak turns two. See full story ...tearing me up inside. More than it was a few days ago. Huge guilt gut.

4) house under construction. It *looks* presentable. except past the dining room. The kitchen/laundry/garage area is disaster...ugly...tacky. You though the bathroom was bad...oh no...the kitchen is HORRIBLE

5) My very precious, highly valued day planner is gone. Like not misplaced, GONE. I carry it with me everywhere in my super cool thirty-one tote. It is no longer there. Its not in my office, around the house, in my car, or anywhere. The best I can guess is that it fell out somewhere or was stolen (why someone would want it?!)

but it is missing and I am literally lost without it. I have so many dates to put in... and no where to put them.
So  needless to say, I have done nothing today except eat turnip greens and homemade biscuits. like bowls and bowls of them. They are my comfort food and that is what I need right now. It hasn't cured my Funk but it helped me not care about the 3 baskets of laundry that need to be washed. 

3 comments:

  1. wait so was he working on the day of her b-day party? I totally could not have a birthday party by myself...I may have to stop reading you blog, because you are Super Mom.

    Your new look is so cute and gosh I would be in tears if my planner got lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he could have been. He works every other Saturday so he could have had to work. Thats why I okayed him working all weekend. I would rather be without him this weekend than next! And no...no super mom. I am at wits end with my 4 year old right now. She is tap dancing on all my nerves! Praying for patience and understanding with her.

    And I am in tears with out my planner. I feel lost and incomplete.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat