Monday, March 8, 2010

SIBLINGS

Are you ready for this?

I am such a HUGE family person. I love my family to death and I am so blessed to have such a great, huge, extended family. But true to my heart is my siblings. God has blessed me so much with amazing siblings, 3 older and 3 younger. Todd has 1 older, 1 his age, and 1 younger. And with these we have inherited great in- laws. SO this is probably going to be an extremely long post but I am thrilled to share my siblings with you!

First: Shannon (husband Curtis) sons Matthew, Corey, Jacob
Shannon is my oldest sibling. We are 15 years apart. She and I haven't gotten a lot of time together because she was married by the time my brain started remember things. But since I  have been older our relationship has grown. She is the mom of 3 boys. She and her husband recently moved to Pennsylvania and she is back in school. I am very proud of her. Going back to school as a "nontraditional" is never easy. Shannon and Curtis have been married for over 20 years and are high school sweethearts.

Second: Wesley (wife Megan) daughters Emma, Eleanor
Wesley is my Big Brother. I could have never asked for a better big brother. He is 11 years older than me and he has always been my friend, even when I was the annoying little sister. We have had a few fights (about 8 or so) but we always get over it. His wife is Megan, who originally was my babysitter =). They have been together for 20 years...Married for about 13 or 14. They are also high school sweethearts and God couldn't have made 2 people so perfect for each other. They would  plan their "date nights" when they were in high school with me in mind. We would go to the mall, to Discovery Zone, to parades, to krispy kreme. They always included me and now we are all "grown up friends". 

Third: Renea (husband Rick) daughters Mckenzie, Mckenna

Renea and I have never *met*. She lives in California with her husband Rick and their two girls. We found each other about 2 years ago through myspace and have had a great "cyber" relationship. It started out rough  but  I think that is because I wasn't ready to deal with all my biological/adoptive stuff. We are hoping to meet within the next year but for now we have facebook to keep us updated on each others lives. She has been a key player in helping me with my medical history & learn about our mom and for that I am so thankful.

__ME__

Fourth: Tristen (little brother #1)


OH how I love Tristen! He is my little brother from my biological dad.  He is such a sweetheart and I miss him terribly! He came to visit 2 years ago and we had that instant bond. He loves to talk on the phone I prefer email...so we are having to work through our communication boundaries. But I can see alot of myself in him. He liked Mississippi when he visited. We had crawfish, ate tons of southern food and hunted Easter eggs!

Fifth: Gauge (little brother #2)


He is a total mess! I love Gauge to death! He is my other little brother from BioBob and he has such a big heart. He is the little "karate" kid who is all go! And it looks like the ladies man as well. I am going to have to find out why he had a girl on the family desert trip this weekend?!?  I miss him so much too! It is very hard to be as  involved in their lives as I would like considering we are 20something hours apart!

Sixth: Mary (little sister #1)

I have never met Mary nor have I talked to her. The most I know about her is from what Renea post on facebook. She is beautiful! I pray for her everyday and I hope that one day we can meet! 


TODD'S GROUP

First: Corey (wife Magda) son Tristan

Corey is Todd's Stepbrother. I loved hearing Corey's versions of stories of them growing up when we were all together this past fall! Corey is married to Magda who coincidentally grew up with MY cousin Josh in North Carolina! (small world...yes) I really enjoyed getting to know them this fall. They live in Florida and have a beautiful 1 year old son, Tristan.

Second: Casey (husband Jeff aka Bean)

Casey is Todd's absolutely BEAUTIFUL step sister. I was in awe of her at her wedding. Todd told me it was a bit stalkerish but she is simply stunning. She and todd are a few months apart in age and she is the one who taught him how to be such a great dad to girls (not many dads can play barbies with such an imagination!) She and Bean are newlyweds and are absolutely adorable. They live in Georgia and have a precious pup.

Third: Nick

Nick is Todd's Twin. (not really but they look alot alike...its the male Broadus gene) he is a teenager going through all the fun teenage things. I pray for him and for the sanity of his parents daily! He really is a sweetheart though and the girls ADORE him. "Untle Nik" is what Madyson calls him. Anytime Aubrie sees him she gets puzzled because..."dats not dade but wooks wike dade".

Well there ya go! The crazy sibling tree! I truly do adore each of these souls. Even though we might not see each other all the time and we live at every end of the country, I am blessed by each of them. One day before I die I would love to have them all, under 1 roof, for a holiday and a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat