Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some Little Laughs for your Tuesday Evening

The other day my mom and I were driving on the Natchez Trace. When out of no where she slams on breaks and starts saying "Sarah! Sarah!! Look at that Turkey!" I look up and see a buzzard sitting on the side of the road eating a dead raccoon. I say, "What turkey?" she says, "that one right there." I proceed to tell her its a buzzard not a turkey. Makes me SO glad we don't depend on her for food!

I spent 2 hours today researching new ways to make Rotel Dip. Didn't find any...Do you know of some?

Finally, In the grocery store today there was a mom with 6 boys, all of their names started with J except for the younger one...his name was "poo-pooh". When I commented on what an unusual nickname it is for your child she quickly responded with..."That is not a nickname, that is his REAL name." Seriously peopel?!?! I have a baby book with over 25,000 names none of them are poo-pooh.

4 comments:

  1. Rotel...so of course there's the traditional way with just 1 lb of velveeta and a can of Ro-Tel. You can also make it just like that, but brown some meat and throw in the mix. Or you can make what we call Spicy Tailgate dip by browning the meat, throwing it in the crockpot with 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, and a can of ro-tel. Let this cook on low in the crock pot for an hour or two until the cheese is melted and warm, stirring occasionally to mix everything together good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I've had a patient nicknamed "Pooper" but never really named PooPooh! Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another option is what I call Diet Rotel:

    http://squaredb.blogspot.com/2008/12/diet-rotel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian Barnes! You better become my first male follower! I am so excited to see you on here! and can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat