Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up...in a peanut shell



So we know what Friday was about...BATHROOM UPDATE. I love it. Today I even cleaned the floors ( like hands and knees scrubbing...very proud of myself)

Saturday was another BEAUTIFUL day in Mississippi. Todd & I loaded up the girls and drove to Dunkin Donuts! We love donuts in our house and the girls love Dunkin Donuts...Hot white chocolate and strawberry iced donuts with pink sprinkles....doesn't get much better than that!



(yes, I know Ak's bow is huge. She picked it out by herself and LOVES it...she wants to wear it everyday. I pick my battles. According to the lady at the bow store...the bigger the bow the closer to God. *since they don't have poofs yet!*)

After the healthy breakfast (no comments Kristie) we headed to my new favorite place. Hudson's in Pearl. I recently discovered Hudson and even though not everyday is a hit sometimes you can find cute little things. This week I got 4 throw pillows for the playroom and a picture for the playroom for $15.00 bucks. Can't beat that!

We then headed to Toys R Us to let AK pick out a birthday gift for her from Madyson. 2 hours in the store and all she wanted was a 6 pack of princess high heels that she already has.
so that was a flop!

Next we had a picnic in the park and then came home for a nap!

Today was full of Church and Cleaning. I am finally starting to learn the roles of a housewife. For 5 years I have been a working wife. 80+ hours a week, bringing home the bacon. Now the roles are reversed and even though I work, I am only working 32 hours a week in a non stressful job. So I am having to learn how to be a housewife. I have been busy organizing all the stuff around the house, cleaning floor to ceiling and then of course, tending to the babies!

Babies...not so much =(. Aubrie will be 2 in 10 days from tomorrow, Madyson's ear-tubes she has had for almost 4 years are about to fall out, and my stretch marks have gone from purple to white. Its so hard to be prepared for life with kids. You feel like they are never going to start crawling, walking, talking, pottying, then they are 1 year away from kindergarden and concerned with death and picking out high heels for the 2nd birthday!

I think its time for a bubble bath and chocolate milk.

1 comment:

  1. no worries, i'm more concerned about that bow than the donuts, HAHA JUST KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat