Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A year of blogging (plus 10 days)

It amazes me that I have dedicated 1 year of my life to this blog! I was so excited to be coming up on the anniversary of "the beginning" that I couldn't decide how to approach it and share it with you all. Then after spending many days thinking, I finally decided to pull a Nike and "Just do it!"

I remember the day I started this blog like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my office at the Zoo and I was having a terrible day. In the event planning business you are either on your game or way off and this particular day, I was way off. I had a lot going through my head besides work and I decided that I needed to get it all out. I enrolled with blogger and made the move to publicly admitting my faults to whomever stumbled onto this page. My motto from day 1 was to be honest. We have all discussed how hard it is to admit that your house is a mess, your life has boo-boos and your family isn't ... perfect but for me this was a huge deal because I have always had an issue showing my true colors.

I figured if I started simple and from the beginning the rest would fall into place (if you want to start from the beginning with us just click on the cupcake on the left side bar!)

It was 5 months until I received my first comment and around that time my first follower (2 different people). that is when I realized... hey someone really is reading this stuff.

You read about my struggles with being a full-time working mom, the day I began to pray for God's help finding a new path, The day he answered my request, our first family vacation,regular days, boring days, sick days.. we have talked about it all.

This year I have discovered amazing blogs by amazing women who believe in Christ and aren't afraid to stick up for the important things, who pray for anyone that comes there way, who create amazing kids clothes, who can spend $25 a week on groceries, who have adorable children, and who have become some really good "blog friends".

It is so amazing how this ridiculously huge world becomes so small once you start blog stalking someone.

This journey didn't start out as a diary to document my life, just a place to vent. But over the year it has been able to morph into both. I look forward to coming here each day and sharing something with whoever is passing through.

Recipes, stories, pictures, traditions, values, mistakes... its all here. Thank you for following (publicly or anonymously) Thank you for your comments and prayers. I look forward to what this next year in the blogging wold brings.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary!

    I just love the blog world. It's one of the hobbies I cherish the most. I'm glad to have connected with you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yipee for blog anniversary! i honestly don't think i could make it some days without my blog friends, and if i heard someone say that about a year or so ago - i would think they were crazy. but it is true. and thanks for showing your true colors. in the words of cyndi lauper, "so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful like a rainbow." :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat