Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love day needs a do-over

So today was our big LOVE day. I had everything planned out and was so excited but when I woke up with ORANGE hair I should have known the day would turn out like this.

Rewind 12 hours.

Went to the store to get my number 82 hair color. They were out so I searched the isle and found another brand that compared themself to Garnier, so desperate for a quick fix I bought it and went home to apply it. washed it out put a towel wrap on and went to sleep.

{{TODAY}}

Woke up this morning and took the towel wrap off....ORANGE. like halloween pumpkin ORANGE. I laughed because I knew that I could fix it...(i have been down this road before) I sent Todd to Walgreens with a list of things to get. He returned 20 minutes later and in 30 minutes my hair was back to normal.

Got the girls dressed and loaded in the car to head to Chuck-e-cheese. As we were coming around the curve on I-220, I yelled at Todd to hit the brakes. In front of us all these cars were coming to a complete stop. There was a car mangled on the side of the road, blood everywhere, 1 police car (it apparently had just happened because the police car was pulling in to help) We stopped, said a prayer and kept going because we had to have Madyson at CEC for a birthday party. We got to CEC and I couldn't get out of the car. I was having flashbacks to Jennifer's wreck, thinking "Why didn't I get out of the car and go help those people" , "What if my hair hadn't been orange this morning and that was us?" I finally got my composure and went in. Kimberly, the birthday mom, was in tears. She had seen it too and we both just hugged.

The party was great. McKenzie was precious and Madyson was scared of Chuck-e-Cheese

After that we were going to hobby lobby to get material for the girls new fleece blankets they have been wanting me to make.

At hobby lobby Todd & the girls both had meltdowns so our plan of Harry the Potter and pedicures for the girls were out.

We came home and decided to let everyone rest and we would just go out to eat for dinner then come home and make cookies and a homemade strawberry cake.

After being home for 2 hours Madyson didn't want to go. She was exhausted, grumpy and such and Aubrie Kate was running out the door, she wanted to go. So we got my mom to watch madyson and we took Aubrie.

When we got to the restaurant they said 30-45 minute wait. okay...not bad. 1.5 hours later...we SAT DOWN TO EAT. it took us 30 minutes to order & eat. We decided to stop by Bops on the way home to get Madyson some "Sprinkle Cup".

And now we are home, she is asleep and Aubrie is wired.

I decided to look up to see if there was anything on the newspaper website about the wreck and there was. the 47 year old mom, who was the passenger died. Her 18 year old son, who was driving has serious injuries. My heart is so heavy for this family right now. I just pray that she was a believer and didn't suffer.

So needless to say our love day needs a do-over. We will reschedule and try again another day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your love day didn't turn out very well...however, I can't believe you didn't grace us with a picture of your orange hair :) I hope y'all get a do-over and that it turns out MUCH better than this first one. And that outfit on Madyson is TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took one and maybe one day I will post it just for laughs. It was AWFUL...todd just died laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that was quite a day. I had a birthday do-over one time from a day not going as planned - I totally think you should do a do-over.

    And YES - if you have a bloggable moment like Orange Hair, you are required, by the laws of blogging, to post it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat