Saturday, February 27, 2010

mini reno.



Okay, so it isn't finished yet! Todd had the day off and this is the last Saturday for 3 weeks he will be home so I had to take advantage and spend it as a family. I promise to finish the bathroom tomorrow but I wanted to show yall what all I had done thus far.


This is before. I told you. TACKY!. White cabinets with pink facings gold stars...pink and tan walls...70's light fixture...just awful! (ps i was cleaning out the cabinets when I took this picture..that is all the junk on the top)

and now...11 hours and $130 dollars later we have.....
(not a very good picture taken with my phone)


I still have to put in the new faucets I purchased from Amazon and change the electrical socket from off white to white and clean the floor and put the new amazing rock rug I am making , and then finish the picture frame/medicine cabinet but all in all it is done and I love it!

What all did I do?

Well I sanded the walls & the cabinets. I have found that sanding the walls that are caked on with paint makes it easier to fix. I filled in all the holes, then primed and painted with Glidden Misty Moonstone Eggshell (it is a blue/grey) Next I painted the cabinets ( Walnut Bark Highgloss) and trim (Marshmallow White) I changed the light fixture and the hardware on the cabinets. Then I took our old ugly medicine cabinet that had a shutter as the door, and painted it and took a 16x20 frame and attached it as the door, I painted it all to match the wall and tomorrow I have a really cool picture that is brown with a white leaf on it that I am going to add to the frame so it wont look like a medicine cabinet but a picture on the wall...Clever huh? Also, I had some molding left over from another project so I created a frame for the mirror and painted it to match the cabinet.

I added a few accessories...A chrome toothbrush holder, 2 white candlesticks that I got at Belk for $2.00 each when they were on clearance and the candles came from the dollar tree. There is also a small 4X6 white frame on the side of the sink right in the door that I got at Burke's for $2.99.

So there ya go! My mini Bathroom Renovation in 11 hours and for $130 dollars!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks SO good!! It doesn't even look like the same room. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great and so much more modern and sophisticated! looks like somebody was trying to go 50's/hollywood/glam with the pepto pink and gold stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah that looks AWESOME!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks REALLY good! It looks like a completely different room!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat