Friday, February 19, 2010

Whoo Hoo its Friday!



Today has been an excellent day!

First off, the weather was BEAUTIFUL! 68 degrees, SUN shining...fabulous!

I had a meeting this morning at the coffee shop with my old boss from the zoo, the new marketing director and the new events coordinator. They are getting their event schedule set up for the upcoming season and wanted my ideas of what worked and didn't work from last year, as well as, asked me to help with a few key events that I started at the zoo.

I am very excited to be chairing the Dream Night at the Zoo event! This is a night for children who are terminally/physically or mentally ill and their entire family. They get free admission, have special activities they participate in and get goody bags full of great stuff! I loved this event last year because it makes you so happy to give back to the families that have a hard time enjoying the regular, fun activities such as visiting the zoo. Now I am building my committee and starting to develop my list of wishes for the event. Its going to be great!

After the meeting I went to Hobby Lobby and to Target to get all the decorations and stuff needed for Aubrie Kate's 2nd birthday "potty". We are going with a fun, funky color scheme of Orange, Purple, and Lime and since it is a family party instead of toys everyone is bringing big girl panties or something that ties in with potty training. I am so determined to get her potty trained before we go to Disney and celebrate being diaper free for the first time in 4 years!!

After the relaxing trip to my two favorite stores I headed to school to pick the girls up early! we went to the park and played and enjoyed the beautiful weather! They see-sawed, swang, slid, and played in the train. Here is a picture of Aubrie Kate and Madyson. Aubrie was going "choo choo" with her arm.

We came home and rode the girls bikes around the driveway then met up with my mom and went to the Nursing home to visit my grandmother! She is doing so good since we put her in the nursing home! It was such a hard decision but it is so nice to know that she is being taken care of 24/7 by fabulous nurses.

We got home about 30 minutes before Todd did, and when he walked through the door he had a bouquet of roses and a card for me!! I was so excited! He wrote in the card "God has truly blessed me by putting you in my life. I think of you everyday & it makes me smile knowing I have someone to share my life with."... that made my day!

Now he is getting the girls to sleep while I relax! Whoo hoo its Friday!

1 comment:

  1. ok, that's weird.. i was at hobby lobby and target today too getting stuff for macy's party!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat