Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wednesday's Words: Letter L



L is for

Laundry



...Laundry is Satan in our house. I don't mind washing and drying it. But putting it up is miserable. I think it is because we have tiny closets and large amounts of clothes. On an average week we can go through 6-8 baskets of clothes & towels. Which is like 1.4-2 baskets per person. I try to dress the girls in the same color all week so I can wash all their clothes at one time....hasn't really helped.

We also have basic washers/dryers. I think for my anniversary/Christmas I am going to see about investing in the new super cool washer & dryer...hopefully by then my laundry room will be cute?!

People say...do a little bit at a time, everyday and it will help you stay on top of it.

But it doesnt?!?! Is that sad? By the time I get home from work, get dinner on, do some work with the kids, put on laundry, put it in the dryer, wash the kids, get them ready for bed, fold the laundry, put it up, it is time for me to go to bed.

I really tried to just live. and wash and dry the laundry then dump it on the dining room table fold it and just have everyone come by and pick up their own stuff and put it up....that didn't work either.

Todd's favorite method is to leave it in the laundry basket and just get it out when you need it. That drives me crazy.

and one day I flipped and I threw out half of mine & todd's wardrobe because we I didn't want to wash it.


If I could have my ideal laundry room it would be HUGE with 3 washers and 3 dryers. It would have massive storage and laundry hampers built in and organized. It would be fabulous. there would be a table for folding, it would smell like heaven. It would be warm and wonderful. it would have a cute craft area, it would be bursting with personality! Its easy to make a chore fun in a fun space...maybe a little mix of these?

However, when I was searching for images of laundry rooms I stumbled apon this

this could work in my laundry room the size is about right, we have those washers and dryers...the color is bright...who knows?!?! We will have to see!


but until then I have this tiny little room with a toilet in it..(yes, a man designed our house you can potty and fold laundry all at the same time!) and some tacky storage.

and no you aren't getting a picture because I am afraid my camera would break =)




















1 comment:

  1. This post is so me!! I am obsessed with my hatred of my laundry closet. That is all we have in our current home, a closet. Laundry with a baby and two other children is a task that never, ever, EVER, ends. I do several loads a day but never actually put a dent in it. It overwhelms me!

    I love those laundry rooms!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat