Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cheap, Thrifty, Free?!?!

Have you found yourself driving down the road, only to spot an old side table that got kicked to the curb. All the sudden your mind gets filled with the "possibilities" that little side table could have, so you swoop around and jump out, grab up the table, through it in the back of your car and take off. A few days later you have something that is so adorable, you wonder...how could that person not have loved you?

Or are you a coupon-a-holic that compares prices, cuts coupons, downloads coupons, maybe even goes as far as writing companies to see if you can get a coupon? Then on G-day...discover all your work paid off as you walk out of the store with $200.00 worth of groceries for $10.79? (impossible? not really)

I am both of these above with an added consignment store junky thrown in the mix. My Fall wardrobe is all green. Not like kermit, like bought from consignment.

I read this article and got to thinking, even though I live on a budget (by choice) and have cut back spending a whole lot....there is still so much more I would love to do. I am honestly the dislike money queen. I think it is the root of all evil and it drives us to become more worldly people and less Godly people. But, in reality, we need it to survive. (because as much as i love camping, i prefer air conditioning and indoor plumbing)

So my little self got to blog searching and found tons of thrifty mommas in blog world! Some are great at coupons, some are great at garage sales, others can feed a family of 9 on $40.00 a week (wow!). Others can show us how to clean and organize a house without costly things.

As much as I LOVE reading about all of these wonderful women, It really is hard to keep up with all 20+ of them at once. So I was thinking....we all need a clubhouse. A women only clubhouse where we can show all of our amazing talents, learn from each other, and really start living a less worldly life.

But every group/club needs a mission....what would ours be? The light bulb went off during a conversation I had with a co-worker. For a year, every time I would grocery shop I would look at my bill. It would say, "you saved $15.76" or whatever amount. at the end of the month I would add up all my savings and put that amount into savings. That was our money we used for our Chicago trip.

So ladies, I spent a little time coming up with our place. I call it, Filling the Piggy bank! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you all to go over and start following. The "mission" officially starts tomorrow October 1, 2010. BUT I want everyone to be prepared! Invite all your friends, the more the merrier!



Filling The Piggy Bank

3 comments:

  1. hey! great idea!! it tried to click over on the link, but it says it's private....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fixed! I forgot to make it public! =)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat