Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

What a weekend. Sometimes I think that a weekend with nothing to do is great...until I get bored!

So here ya go:

Friday-My mom has to take furlough days for her job due to the cutbacks in education in Mississippi (a whole other blog post that Ill leave out because politics just aren't my thing to blog about)

So she spent the day with me. I had to run to 3 places. 1)Lifeway to pick up 2 books I want to read.
2) Hobby Lobby to get some orange polka dot fabric to make fabric pumpkins
3) Target for a birthday gift for a party on Saturday.

We also went to lunch at my favorite Mexican place and went to Belk to get my grandma a new wardrobe. At the nursing home she is in, they wash her clothes. Well they usually shrink by the 2nd month so we are constantly buying her new clothes (can't have Maw in high waters!)


Saturday: We had a birthday party to go to! My friends Marianna and Andy's little girl was turning 5 and she celebrated at one of my favorite Eateries in Jackson. Brent's Drugs! It is a soda shop that has been around since 1947 (i think that is correct) and they have the best hamburgers. Her theme was hello Kitty! So glad she is "coming back" in style!

Madyson at the soda counter ordering a drink


Friends Holly & Hunter


Birthday Girl Kate opening her gifts!


Saturday Afternoon we went and had dinner at my cousin's house. It was his 29th birthday and he smoked pork and we had baked beans and such. Here is a picture of him and his newest addition. I love how she just snuggles in.


Sunday Morning we went to church. Todd and I taught the 2 year olds the story of Paul & Silas. I love this story because when you ask the little ones, if you were in jail and couldn't get out would you be sad or happy? Usually they just look at you but we prepped Aubrie for this story and she said "SING". Thats right, she was listening. =)

Sunday afternoon Todd took the girls to his moms house for lunch. I stayed behind because I had alot to do. He came back around 2, childless! His mom volunteered to keep them for the afternoon. Todd rolled up his sleeves and we went for it! I love the smell of Pine-Sol. But I can't use it because a chemical in it makes Madyson's eczema flare up. So with her gone, and going to be gone for a while we pine-soled away. We organized the girls toys in their bins, we changed their sheets, we hung up clothes, we worked some more on our Discovery Room (pics to come soon I promise!) It was nice having him work with me.
With football season started, the tension in our house builds up because he wants to watch the game, I want help. He turned off the tv Sunday afternoon and helped. And that made me feel really great.

We picked the girls up around 9pm. We were hoping they would fall asleep on the way home but they didn't. Madyson noticed the smell and freaked out (she doesn't do well with change) I had to go and put long pjs on her with socks so she would walk on the ground. Once she was adjusted they watched a few movies then crashed!


Monday my plan was to scrub baseboards in order to put our new floor down in the "eating areas" then to  finish (yes finish...I started and got bored so I changed plans) clean the den. As I was vaccuming away, Todd's phone rang. It was his grandmother calling to say she was in town (she lives 3 hours away) and would be here in 45 minutes to visit. Keep in mind, I have been hard core cleaning so my furniture is everywhere.  Movies that we emptied out of the movie cabinet to move it were spread across the ground. So we made the best of it and loaded up the girls and headed to the park and decided to meet her there. Here is a picture I took of her and the girls.


Last night we had community group. We are finishing up our study "what's so amazing about grace" Even though this book is a study book, it has been a deep study book. I have learned alot about a topic I never thought so much about. It is so amazing what God will show you when you decide to listen. I was hesitant to read this because I didn't think I would understand alot of it, but Phillip Yancy does a great job explaining situations where "normal people" like me can understand.

One of my big accomplishments this weekend was deciding on a laundry room color for our house. Right Now the walls are worn out beige with the original yellow and brown flooring and dark wood cabinets. Ashley wants me to blog about this and I will, trust me its going to be a better makeover than the bathroom reno! We will have a whole post on the tackiest room in america soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. I love Phillip Yancy. His book "The Jesus I Never Knew" is GREAT! Can't wait for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of family fun, the best kind!
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat