Thursday, September 16, 2010

A big thanks!

Thank you all so much for your comments on what to do! Todd and I have made our decisions but I can't tell you what they are yet! You will have to wait and see!!!

When we decided to quit looking at newer homes and start looking at older fixer upper homes I never in my right mind thought we would be fixing up the home I grew up in to make our own. I had my heart set on 2 older homes in our quaint downtown district, but one had so many problems we couldn't get it financed and the others foundation was so bad the house was almost split in half! But I must say, I am really enjoying making this house our home just ready for it to BE DONE!!!

Today is the monthly trip to the home store where I pretty much give them my entire paycheck to get the things I need for this months projects. I honestly think I should get a part time job there since I am there all the time.


I do have character experience from working at the zoo?!?!

(yes that is me in there! I had to try on the costume when it came in to make sure it fit correctly)


Tonight is my new women's bible study I began last week. I didn't mention it because honestly, I was scared I wouldn't go. I NEVER have been a shy person, ever. But for some reason now that I am a grown up and I am away from all the friends that I grew up with, making friends hasn't been that easy. The leader of this group Tyanne, invited me to come and join them. I bought the book Crazy Love, because that is what we are studying, I read it and then I just prayed. It took a lot for me to get in my car last Thursday during a crazy afternoon and go to this study with women that I knew but didn't really know (does that make sense?)

Well, I went. And it was fabulous! I really enjoyed the discussion with women without kids running around and husbands whispering in the background. Todd was really supportive of this. He works late a lot and when I was discussing with him the thought of me doing this study he was in agreement that I needed a ladies group and that he would do what it takes to make sure I got there on time.

I am looking forward to night 2 of this discussion. If you haven't read this book. I highly recommend it. It is a short easy read and really lays it out for you.



This weekend I am very excited! Saturday, Madyson is spending the morning with Todd's mom and then the afternoon at a playdate with her girlfriends. Aubrie is going to my mom's family reunion with her. Todd and I are going to have a "date". We have to do some things for his job but he promised I could go to my favorite flea market and look for some things I have on my list of random wants and pick up some more BIG surprises that I can't share yet!!! Plus he said we could have breakfast at my favoriteeeee place! 


Whooooo hooooo!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I just read your last post and saw Christy's comment about the babysitter and had to go read HER post and comments. What do you mean things don't "cover"? I was so confused (and nosy, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is too short or too low. Nothing can cover my top or my bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you and i could probably share some serious renovation stories! the house i bought right after i graduated college, i was working on caulking some trim to repaint (it was built in 1890 and was spectacular) and i fell straight through the hardwood floor. nasty. we are lowes people. all of my husbands paycheck and my BG money goes there. :) but, wouldn't have it any other way. when we move back to GA in a few, my ONLY requirement in a house is that it cannot be built after 1910. haha, so we will be at it again.

    as for the study, good for you. i know how difficult it can be to branch out and do something new that you aren't "comfy" with...it is hard to do, but always seems SO worth it once the initial barriers are crossed. good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat