Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I need help from you!! Decorating a fixer upper....

So we installed a new door a few months ago and we primed it and that is about as far as we got.
I have idea what color to paint it. Actually, I have no idea what to do with the whole front of the house.
My parents painted it neutral about 2 years ago. But now that we are buying it, I really don't want beige brick house. I know all of yall are crafty so tell me...What color do I paint the door and do the shutters need to match?

Here is an upclose of the brick.

And the front of the house.

Excuse the mess please. We are getting a new roof next month (it will be slate color) and we have not done any landscaping out here. (the fun of buying a fixer upper) Oh and the blinds...they stay cracked in most of the windows for the kitties to sit in a watch. If i don't crack them, they pull on the rope until they come up and then end up breaking them.


Also I need help in the Discovery Room! We have a few more touches to add this weekend then it will be finished (until I figure out whatelse I want to do)
So I need help picking out a fun color pallet for my "touches"

here are some choice




Feel free to send pictures to thebroadusbunch(at)gmail(dot)com
for me to see! Remember this room is FUN and BRIGHT and KIDDY! SO have fun with it!!





.

6 comments:

  1. I just typed out a really long message and for some reason, it got erased. So, here's the short version. I think a red (or something in the red family) door would look great. I'm not sure, but I don't think the shutters have to match. I know lots of people are going with black shutters.

    I think bold, primary colors would look great in the discovery room. That way, boy playmates or a little brother (if y'all have another kid) would feel comfortable in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would definitely say a red door...she LOVES red doors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the primary/secondary colors in a play room would be great, and those colors are stimulating to little ones. one thing i did in our play room was get some chipboard letters and decoupage primary/secondary-colored/patterned scrapbooking paper on them. i spelled out the word PLAY (i think you can see it in the background of one of my pics on facebook).. i've got a lot more wall space that i need to do something with too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with above. I love red doors, but don't think red shutters and trim would look too good ;) I'm not sure on whether the trim/shutters/door/etc need to match... If they do, I might would go with a deep green or possibly even a dark blue.

    As for the discovery room, I like the primary colors!

    P.S. I'd love for you to stop by and grab my new button for your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE red doors so that is a must. Primary colors in accents for the discovery room would be cute-but I have read research (Child Psych major) that says primary colors as the basis for children's rooms can cause aggression, irritable behavior, ect... I am sure that is probably baloney but it scarred me for life and now I am terrified of using primary colors in my kids rooms.

    Your comment made me laugh! The looking like a babysitter was hilarious! I am also short so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That house is adorably cute!! Unfortunately, I'm no good at decorating help. But I vote for a bright, bold front door - red or purple :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat