Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rib Wars

Todd and I are completely different. He has his style of things I have mine. We almost NEVER agree on things, which can be fun and irritating all at the same time. One of our biggest arguments is food. He likes things grilled, spicy, meat & potatoes are good. I love things tender, and juicy, and tons of vegetables and healthy. Well, Saturday night Todd's mom's kept the girls so we decided to go ahead and go grocery shopping that night instead of on Sunday. Todd got the idea that he wanted ribs. I said, yummm I make really good fall off the bone ribs. He said, "I was thinking more like smothered in sauce and grilled. Once again...a difference. Usually I use the line, "I cook, you eat" but I thought well...why not try something else. So I bought two slab of ribs. (yes this took me over my weekly budget but I was trying to compromise. So I told him, Ill cook my ribs, you cook yours, then we will have my parents vote on whose they like better.

So we did. He went home and cut his slab in half, marinated it overnight and all day on Sunday. Then through them on the grill for an hour and smothered them in sauce.


I on the other hand, left mine whole. Marinated them overnight and let them cook all day in the oven (dry rubbed and wrapped in foil). They cooked for 12 hours and guess what. They were so tender when you picked them up the meat literally fell off the bone.




So judging time came. My parents were very excited because they both love bbq.

Who won?!?! Well after 30+ years of marriage they know the secret to a happy one.

Mom: Sarah's were very tender and I liked being able to eat her meat without gnawing on the bone.
Todd's had that great grill taste.

Dad: Sarah's were great. Todd's were great too.

There choice: Cook the ribs for 6 hours in the oven (dry rubbed like mine) then throw them on the grill for 45 minutes with sauce (like todds.)

So it was a draw. But I think I pulled some extra points throwing in a baked potato salad and homemade coconut cake for dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat