Thursday, September 2, 2010

My leaves are turning!

Last winter was terrible. It snowed more in 3 months that it has in my entire life here in Mississippi. It was bitterly cold and I couldn't wait for Summer. Summer is a great time. The days are long, the air is warm, afternoons are spent playing in the baby pool out back or napping in the hammock (ok..well they are suppose to be and maybe 1 Saturday a month I did this!) But lets face it. When you live in Mississippi it is HOT, there are mosquitoes and even a Route 44 can only help you for a bit!

That is why I love Fall! I love everything about fall. The colors, the clothes, the decorations, the holidays, the weather, the football (Todd stays busy and I am free to shop for home decor stuff!) Yesterday was September 1st and although the weather was still in the 90's I was determined to start thinking about Fall! I made my fall calendar out of school activities with the girls, I started planning my holiday get togethers. I broke out the Autumn candles.

As I walked outside to examine the mess of my front door stoop (gotta figure out what color to paint the door and the shutters) I noticed the greatest sign that my favorite time of the year is almost here...my leaves were changing!

I have this MASSIVE tree in my backyard and it is GREEN. But yesterday there was hints of yellow and orange peeping through! I literally fell to my knees in celebration!


All the thoughts of fall made me giddy! So I did what I do every time I get excited about something and want to see it now! I googled it...and look at these beauties I found!

How cute & Simple is this? I will have it in my house this year!


I love the saying "It's Fall Yall" I want it in my house somewhere!

And who can forget the best thing about fall


What are some fall traditions/decorations/places to shop you like??

5 comments:

  1. Love the new blog design!! And I'm super excited about fall, too...although I think after today's weather, we may have a couple more weeks before it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design!

    Do you use Photoshop to create your backgrounds? Do you use digital scrapbook kits? Just comparing notes with my fellow HTML junkie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is coming along. I still need to take it off of the blogger template and put it on my own but my eyes need a rest. Ashley, I use Paint.net. I hate photoshop. Always have. And this one was my first one created using a digital kit. They looked so fun I had to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is so cute and so YOU! Everything I've ever done (VERY basic things- AP's monthly pics, our family pics, headers, ect.) I've done in Paint.net because it's free. I'm so jealous of Photoshop owners. Maybe for no reason ;)HTML scares me because of Intro to Technology at MC(did either of y'all have Ms. Woodall- scary woman!), but you two have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only did I have Ms. Woodall...she gave me a D in her class. The only grade I had my entire college time that was not one of the first two in the alphabet! I kept telling her I understood what to do, I just didn't understand her questions on the test.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat