Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear Mattel...

Dear Mattel,

I am a 22 year collector and Barbie lover. The day I found out I was having a daughter the first thing that came to my mind was, WE ARE GOING TO GET TO PLAY BARBIES!!! I instantly wanted my husband to pull out my  Barbie Townhouse,
Barbie Camper,
and my Barbie Ice Cream Shop!
Because those are the things that I loved most growing up! I remember many Christmas Mornings where Barbie was the theme of my gifts!

Last Christmas was my daughters big intro to the barbie world. I got a great deal on an old favorite, still new in box!

and filled with a bunch of new barbies to go along with my "vintage" ones.
But the princesses need a change of clothes so I thought, sure...lets head to the store and get a wardrobe.

Well, When I got to the store Saturday I saw....


Red Carpet Barbie



Party @ The Clubs Barbie
Ballet?? Barbie??


I really wanted...Jeans & a t-shirt barbie or capri pants and modest top barbie

But everything that the store had was "fashion craze". 


So Mattel, I am asking you to please go to your drawing rooms and come up with some "fashion craze" clothes that caterer to the more conservative households. Sure, fancy dresses and platform shoes are cute but not very modest. I want my daughter to have the love of barbie the way I did growing up. Not to want to mimic the short skirts, tall shoes and extremely too much lip liner.
 (didn't your momma ever teach yall that a natural look is much more appealing?)

I know that online I can find



News Anchor Barbie
Fab Barbie

Computer Engineer Barbie


But I would love to be able to find the individual outfits that look like these above. Consider this a suggestion from one of your best customers.

Thank you so much,


8 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh i had the ice cream shop!!!! i had totally forgotten about it until you posted that pic!!! LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you believe i never cared much for barbies? i only had two (and none of the houses, cars, etc, to go with them). i liked cabbage patch kids and other 'real' dolls much more! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAFARI BARBIE!!!!!!! I loved that one!! Is she wearing the pink boots?? I remember the ice cream shop too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was at kohl's earlier tonight and they had a couple of sets of more conservative barbie clothes. one was a snowboard set (cover-me-up winter clothes, obv) and the other was just a cute casual set (i think i saw a technology theme on the package with an ipod, laptop, etc). i don't think that one had anything sleeveless or strappy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you Sarah! To me it's ridiculous the clothes they are making for Barbie now. And people wonder why 10 yr olds these days are dressing like they are going to work the street corner?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh! THanks Brandi! Ill go there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, So I loved the All the above...I was a HUDGE barbie kid.... Had tons and tons. But My Little girl and a lot of little girls in the world dont want the Crazy club clothes or Red Carpet But want to express real personality and celebrate being their own people....

    So Thank you MATTEL for Finally getting a clue and offering something truly, Freaky Fab!!

    ** Monster High** - Fang-Tastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have mine AND my Mom's Barbies to pull out one day soon. But like you, I'm afraid that the outfits available nowadays will leave me disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat