Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Final Wednesday's Words: Letter Z

Z is for Zoo


The job that I loved to pieces!

Before I became a full-time servant of the Lord I was an event planner for the Jackson Zoo!

This was a dream job for me because as a child, my parents would bring me there all the time. I had tons of fond memories of me and my family at the zoo!

This was an amazing job!

I loved planning my events, (even though there were a lot of them, bt March-October.)

I love the staff at the zoo!

And of course I loved the animals!

Spending a day with chimpanzees, elephants, lemurs, and giraffes can make any job 10x better!

At the zoo I witnessed the birth of a baby giraffe. That is certainly something not a lot of people can say they have done.


I enjoyed seeing a baby tapir with stripes!

I got to hold a hawk and an owl on my first International Migratory Bird day!

I had little lemurs crawl in my hair.

And my favorite most special time was one on one time with my girls Rosie and Juno.

I planned the zoos 90th birthday party! and revamped the Ice Cream Safari!

I perfected Boo at the Zoo and I also got to go and speak to local clubs about our wonderful, little zoo!



I am thankful for the opportunity to work for the zoo, which is why I am still a volunteer there. It is an amazing place and even though it is small, it is still full of memories!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing job! The monkey picture is just killing me...too precious!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat