Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday

The day started off EARLY! We had to be at Todd's mom's at 10 so we could help pick out new kitty, Ruby! We had so much fun picking out the kitties with our new little "brother" Max! (guess who named them?)


They are working on loving each other!

After Ruby was settled we went out to eat for some Olive Garden (my favorite lunch spot) since we knew tomorrow was going to be insanely busy with church/baby dedication etc.

We enjoyed our lunch and then came home for the girls to nap.

While the girls were napping I took a trip to our new city library!
 It is very nice! Today they were having a book signing. The little girl (Elizabeth Dampier) who plays the voice of Princess Tiana in The Princess and The Frog was there signing a beautiful princess book. I got the girls a copy to add to their collection of autographed books!
photo from Clinton News Website Melanie Thortis

Now that I have made it through the alphabet of Wednesday's Words I plan on participating in SD's Won't you read to me Wednesdays!

After I got the book I decided to strum the adult books for a new read. Remember I am trying to read a new one every month! I landed on a great book I plan to share at the end of the week.

Oh and for those that are wondering if I finished the Help? I got pretty far in it then misplaced my copy. I have found it and I am starting over this weekend! It is placed on my nightstand for next to read.

When I left the Library I got a phone call from my cousin Kristina. There was a snake in her yard and she is petrified of them. I went over to her house to get the snake out of her yard, my plan was to catch it and take it to my house and release it in the woods behind my house. Her father-in-law (my uncle) was there and decided to kill it. So I caught it, he killed it. Then we had to bag it up and put it away. I hate killing snakes but I hadn't seen one like this before out and about.  (and remember I worked at a zoo!) so I agreed to allow him to do it, just to be safe. 

After the snake incident I had to come home and get the troops ready for a birthday party! Our sweet Charlie (whos daddy is like a big brother to me, and whos momma is one of my dear friends) was turning 1! So we went to celebrate with them!

Now we are at home, and in bed!!! Good Night Y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy---I met Elizabeth Dampier at PF Chang's last week! I'm going to blog about it soon! She was so adorable and sweet :)

    I want to read The Help at some point. I've heard it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah the snake slayer!!! I would pass out cold before I could catch a snake, much less release it back into the wild! You are superwoman! I know who to call now for when I see snakes (ever think of moving north?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha no! I couldn't deal with the cold!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat