Wednesday, May 26, 2010

sorry to keep you waiting

So sorry to keep you all waiting, Tuesday night is the time we fellowship with our community group and by the time we got home last night I had to get the girls in bed then catch dancing with the stars finale and of course see Glee's ideas of Lady Gaga.

So let me tell you how Madyson's day went.

When we got to school yesterday morning she had to apologize to 1) the Director of the 3k program. 2) Her teacher 3) the Music teacher. This was very hard for her to do and for me to watch. She bravely walked up to each of these adults and told them she was sorry for being disrespectful and that she isn't a follower but a leader. And she had learned her lesson and she would not do it again.

Each of these very wise women talked to her about what it means to grow up and how sometimes it is easy to fall behind the actions of others but that we have to learn to stand up and to be the leader, even when it isn't easy.

She was allowed to go on the field trip. 1 of the mom's dropped her son off and acted like it was no big deal. The other little boy's grandparents decided that if he couldn't go on the field trip he would get a special trip with them to a local water park.

I was commended by her teacher at being a "pro-active" parent and I thought to myself...I'm not being pro-active I'm just doing what a parent is suppose to do.

When I picked her up yesterday afternoon she had a good day. She played with her girlfriends and when one of the little boys tried to play with her she said she told him, " right now I need to be with the girls."

So, I think our lesson worked out. I keep reminding her that she is a big girl now and her decisions will either come with praise or consequences and she gets to choose which one she wants to receive.

As of now, our week is back on track. Thursday is "Movie Night" at the preschool where we watch a movie of all the activities the kids have done this year as well as go to their classrooms and see their artwork and such.

Then Friday is their end of the year Ice Cream Party! My niece Emma, who is 10, will be spending the day with me! and I am so excited. We are going to go to the Ice Cream party then we are going to go shopping and just hang out. It hasn't been just the two of us in a while so I am excited about that!

Then this weekend I have convinced Todd to go camping with me! So we are headed to the Mississippi Coast for some camping, shopping, and MUCH needed family time. The only thing I have left to do is find someone to teach my 4 year old Sunday School Class!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad yesterday was a better day! I'm sorry the other mom and grandparents didn't see the situation as a big deal. Hopefully, Madyson will always remember the lesson and learning it this early in life can be a big help to her later. Have fun camping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it worked out! Yes, you are just doing what you are supposed to do, but that is SO much more than most parents. You are giving Madyson a wonderful gift by being so involved in her life and by taking the time to really teach her what it means to be a person of character!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat