Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lets Talk Dreams.....Part 1.

Do you remember being a child and playing "when I grow up..."

What did you want to be? 

I wanted to be a Disney Eventineer, Cupcake Shop Owner, Doctor, and Actress.

As times changed, I grew, and Reality sank in. Those dreams changes. 

I knew event planning was something I was good at. I did restaurant events, corporate events, donor events for the Law school, weddings, birthday parties, then I started doing zoo events. 

I love(d) events. It became my passion. It was close to my dream. 

On June 5, 2010 I will be at the Jackson Zoo as a guest coordinator helping produce Dream Night at the Zoo.

This is a world-wide event that allows children who have special needs, terminal illnesses, physical disabilities to enjoy the zoo with their family for free.

This year our team has collaborated with the community driven news team of Fox40 and the caring hearts of St. Dominic Hospital to give these children the chance to be whatever they want to be when they grow up, all in one night.

10 stations will be sat up throughout the zoo. Everything from Firefighters, policemen, doctors, artist, teacher, military, ZOOKEEPER, vet tech and even News Reporter.

These families will be able to walk the red carpet like movie stars while being photographed by official dream night paparazzi! They will get to dine on yummy snacks, have entertainment to enjoy...all at their own pace.

This night allows them to forget about the hospitals, the limits, the world that they are considered "different in". During this night, they are just regular kids who get to do regular kid things.

When they leave, they will be given gift bags and a web address that they will be able to refer to anytime they want to see themselves become their dream.

This event is my baby. I started it last year and I am helping continue it this year. 
I am blessed to have such a great support team and we are blessed to have such amazing zoo staff that dedicate so much time into making dreams come true.

Stay tune to tomorrow...we go over the rainbow...



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! I get choked up when I see my own kid's eyes wide in wonder, getting to see something or do something she's always wanted to. I'd be crying my eyes out the whole time at something like that!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat