Sunday, December 6, 2009

What do I like about me?

The last 6 job interviews I have been on I have been asked the question (or something similar) What is your best asset?

Never really understood this question in an interview because as a past pageant contestant you know the right answer, "My best asset is I am very organized." I mean go to dictionary.com and they will tell you the answer! But really what employers should ask is What do you like best about yourself??? If I was hiring someone (which I have done in the past) I would like to know what they like about themselves and not except cookie cutter answers (any body part, or generic answer "personality, love for animals and others.."blah blah blah.

Seriously, WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?!?!?!

Here are a few things I like about myself

1) the ability to make homemade biscuits in less than 10 minutes (not counting cooking time)

2) the ability to take something plain and simple and turn it into something fantastic (I crave my creativity!!!)

3) How I can think with my brain and not with my heart. I know that sounds weird but it is a secret talent I have developed over the years. I can take a situation that is full of drama and force and spit out a logical solution. This is not saying that I NEVER think with my heart I do, but I am capable of thinking without it at times, and I like that about myself.

I am sure there are some more but as of right now, those are things that I know at this point in my life.


And with the positive there comes the negative.

Some things I don't like about myself:

1) How instead of being thankful for what I have, I sometimes compare my life to others.

2) I talk sometimes before I think.

3) I will take on others problems before solving my own.

Well there is some insight into me.....so people, What do you like about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat