Tuesday, December 22, 2009

fedex fiasco!

So today was my last day at work before the holidays begin! I patiently waited at my computer all day to receive an email that my FedEx package containing Todd's Christmas present was delivered! About 11:58 a message popped up that said the package couldn't be delivered do to no signature. I quickly clocked out of work, jumped in the car and headed on my quest to find the FedEx truck. Clinton is a small town so i knew located the truck from work to home wouldn't be that hard.

as I was circling down Cynthia road, I looked back in my rear view mirror and low and behold..the FedEx truck. I had to pull over so I could get behind it and follow it to its next stop. We traveled down the Clinton parkway into Old Towne, there the FedEx lady got out and I yelled "you have my package!!!" she just started laughing and asked me for my address, she said "oh no darling, I don't have your package...Walter has your package" (yes there are 2 FedEx people in Clinton!) I explained to her my need to have this package TODAY and she called Walter. He was heading towards Magnolia road (on the clinton/jackson line) and said he would meet me there. I quickly drove through town, taking all neighborhood roads to avoid any lights. When I arrived I found Walter. He just laughed and said "i need to see your I.D." Problem...I had the package sent in my mother's name so Todd wouldn't open it and the only ID I had of hers was an old JCpennys credit card and a Christmas card sent by my Aunt Elsie. I showed him my two proofs of identification signed for the package and got back in the car...sigh of relief!

After all that work, I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to Todd...So I gave it to him tonight when he got home! He is now the new owner of a Blackberry. This is a big deal for us because we have always had very simple phones to save on cost, but he needed this for work to keep all his clients in order so now he has it, and he hasn't put it down since!

Christmas is near! Tomorrow is going to be doing food prep, house prep, and painting (yes painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat