Monday, December 28, 2009

and in other news....

Christmas has come and gone, you have seen what we were up to! Today was the first day back in the "real world". We had to go to work, the girls went to school, and I made a trip to the library to get my first library card! Todd and I are about to start reading

a suggestion from Jen's husband Josh! Since Todd and I didn't go through premarital counseling, each year we do something together to help build our relationship. I think that is what keeps us fresh and new. Once you are married it is so easy to fall into routine and forget that a marriage is the most important relationship next to your relationship with Christ. When I read Josh's blog, i figured any man who know about the "Holy Grail of Hairspray" had to know what he was talking about for reading material! And why didn't I just go buy the book? Well, 2010 is about to come and one of our resolutions is spend less...way less. The library is free and I usually only read a book once so it seemed like a great start to our plan! Other than that, today has been exhausting, just getting back into the swing of things is a difficult thing!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your encouragement; it helps so much to hear from other moms who've been through all this!

    And this is on my "must read" list for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book has really helped Jarod and I. We did it back when we were dating or engaged I believe, but even now when we start getting "frustrated" with each other we'll think back to what we learned from the love languages and the different ways we express love and it's helped us be able to make the other feel loved and appreciated again. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah...
    Have you heard of the Love Dare Book from the Fireproof movie... I loved that movie.. Well me and Chris are currently reading it together.. Everyday is a worth the dare we work on our marriage there are some interesting this in this book if you would like to try it.. Good luck on this book I have heard some good things about it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited!! We are starting tonight and I can't wait! Christina, we did the Love Dare this past summer. It was an amazing experiance! If Christopher doesn't have Wild at Heart you need to get it for him. It is a great book that Todd reads all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat