Saturday, December 19, 2009

2xSaturday



So this is part 1 of Saturdays blog! it is a busy, busy day and I wanted to report this morning and tonight! Let me start with an elaboration on the sanitation story. I had alot of emails asking why I do this. So let me share! I had a great uncle Allen who use to sit outside his house in the summer and wait for the garbage men to come, he would then hand them a bottle coke. For those of you in Mississippi you know just how GREAT a cold coke is on a hot day. He passed a few years ago and during his funeral they shared that story. I thought it would be a great way to honor him during Christmas to engage with the garbage men. I cannot tell you how much these men love meeting their families, and if you think about it they know ALOT about you. Your garbage is very personal stuff and they handle it 2x a week. This year I decided to try something new...hugging the workers. Now, I know most of you are going to gag but I promise it was wonderful! I waved down the driver when he turned onto our street and he pulled right up into my driveway. I went around back and hugged the sweater wearing "loader". Told him Merry Christmas and I had made them some treats to enjoy during the day. Then I walked around on the drivers side and he was already out. Went to shake my hand but I hugged him instead. I told him thank you for all you do! (because lets face it, I wouldn't do it) and Merry Christmas. Then I took his picture. They were all smiles when they left. and I felt ready to start my day.
Then, Aubrie Kate and I went shopping with my Dad to get my moms Christmas present (from him) She had her list of "goodies" she wanted so we took to Target! We got there, had breakfast(did you know Target has sausage and biscuits and hashbrowns..HELLO! Amazing store!!) We spent two hours in Target, looking, shopping, playing. Aubrie Kate visited one of her favorite sections "boobeeees" (as she refers) she found this hot little number and decided to run around the store with it. (my dad was mortified!) After the boobeeees were finally returned to the right spot she discovered her second favorite spot of target, the discount bins. She apparently thought she was going to finish her Christmas shopping here, because when I turned around this is what I saw! She was loading up the buggy and ready to leave...I think we had 1 to many! We laughed, and then put them all back! On the way home we stopped on the side of the road to purchase some turnip greens and pepper sauce! Nothing better than port gibson produce! We got home yesterday afternoon, took a nap then I had to take my mom back out to Jackson to pick up her car. On the way there we saw a horrible wreck. A house (WIDE LOAD) had smashed into an suv. The suv looked horrible. I just sat in silence, praying for those family. I mean, what if there was a child in the backseat...it did not look good. Then it hit me, what if it was Todd?!?!! With him driving in Enterprise cars all day, I never know what too look for at a wreck so I had to call him and confirm he was okay (which he was!) Luckily my mom was there so I could use her phone (since mine is still missing) By the time we got home, I was beat. So we watched Julie/Julia. A fun movie about blogging and cooking! Makes me want to channel my Julia Child/Paula Deen for Christmas Eve! Ill be back tonight to tell you about today! Until then, remember the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! Glad you explained more about the garbage men, what a great way to minister to those who serve us every day! I'm enjoying reading your blog and can't believe I just now found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love reading yours too! Would love to hear more about your "budget" This is something I am striving for in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Sarah Denley - I love this post and cannot wait to read more! Maybe I will give out some hugs and cookies on a cold day in January! Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat