Friday, December 18, 2009

Too Late Tour? Snowmen, Santas, Sanatation Workers

Welcome to our home! Christmas time is very special around our house! We spend months preparing for service projects, gift ideas and yummy food! One of my favorite traditions is Christmas treats for the Sanitation workers! Aubrie and I waited outside this morning for our men to come by! Here is one of our precious workers with his treats!





Welcome! This is the entrance way to our house! You are greeted by snowmen, Santa's sack, a nutcracker and some cute trees! Above all this is a painting of Mary and Baby Jesus!


This is a paint by numbers painting that my Great Aunt painted in 1959. She gave it to my grandma and when we were packing up her stuff I found it and framed it! Thought it would make a great Christmas decoration.
Ah! Here is Aubrie! Waiting by the tree! She would like to show you some of our favorite ornaments. We only use family ornaments, so each year we add more!
This is mine and todd's first Christmas together ornament! It always hangs in the "heart" of our tree!This is Madyson's Hallmark ornament from her first Christmas
When Aubrie was born one of the nurses gave this to us before we left. We use it at her first ornament.This isn't a "favorite" but each member of our family (including siblings, parents, nieces and nephews) have a special ornament on our tree. My parents bought this for me my first year of life (it is one of the 4 I have!) I have always had a fear of clowns so i think its funny that one of my ornaments is a clown. he hangs on our tree next to my brother and my sisters ornament.Here is Madyson! She is in the kitchen making brownies for her class Christmas Party! Lets look at the dining room, because our kitchen hasn't been remodeled and it is tackY!
I love this! My grandmother just went into a nursing home and she gave me her china cabinet! I have filled it with all her holiday platters and my moms Christmas plates. We have a tree in here too! it is full of red and gold balls!

In the den we fill it with snowmen and santas. There are 45 santas in the room and about 50 snowmen! I started collecting these when i was 10!
This are two special snowmen that are next to the fireplace this year! The group of snowmen was a gift from a coworker! I love them! The little single snowmen was my moms.


This Santa (or we actually call him Ho! Ho!) was a gift from my dear friend Courtney! He use to sit by our apartment door but now that we have a house he has moved into the den.


We have a mantle but my friend gave us this stocking holder and I really like it! So we use this (for now! when baby #3 gets here one day we will have to use the mantle) Todd's mom made us the stockings and they are very special to us!
This santa was given to me when i was 5 by my dad! He now sits proudly in one of the chairs!
Merry Christmas!!! The Broadus family!






































































4 comments:

  1. I'm having a terrific time visiting everyone's home.
    All the decorations are just beautiful! Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you make treats for all of the sanitation workers - I'm sure they love it! Your decorations are pretty (and meaningful which is great) and Aubrie and Madyson are adorable. Thanks for sharing your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Come back soon we have alot in store over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unique and beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat