Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekend of the 10th-12th!

Friday morning, Aubrie, myself, and my dad went shopping to finish up his Christmas stuff for my mom! (and for me to help him pick out my present...Got some Totally cute new boots ;)
Friday night we ate popcorn & watched Christmas movies!
The girls got surprised! We purchased the Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure to watch!

Saturday-Aubrie hung out with me, while Todd worked and Madyson played at Grandmommas!
When Madyson got home, The girls made their Christmas presents for the family.

Sunday was my aunt's 65th birthday! Every year we always decorate her house for Christmas on her birthday! Here is Todd helping Toby (her grandson) put the star on top of the tree

After some cake, we all loaded up to go to church to see the Choir perform this year's Christmas musical.
This was so special for us. We had Todd, myself, and both girls, Todd's mom & step-dad. Todd's grandmother, my aunt, uncle, cousin/his wife, their 2 children and my mom and my dad!
This is a huge blessing because my dad does not come to church often, nor does he speak of his beliefs openly. I have been praying for him and his faith. He made a first step of willing coming to this performance. My heart was overjoyed! 
The performance was amazing! God has blessed our church with great musical leadership and an amazing group of singers, orchestra, tech crew...I mean it was TOP NOTCH!
The performance was musical but also told the story of Jesus' birthday through drama. Can you imagine that night? Can you imagine being a shepherd out in a field, tending to your flock when all of the sudden an angel...AN ANGEL appears out of nowhere and says "DO NOT BE AFRAID!"
Seriously? I mean I would have screamed...probably some not so God pleasing statements...or I would have wet my gown.
Then the angel proceeds to say "I come to bring you news of great joy which shall come to all people! For a child is born in Bethlehem a Saviour who is Christ the Lord."
How awesome would that have been? Do you know what my favorite part is? That God sent these angels out to the field to the shepherds. The dirty shepherds that were low on the totem pole. The ones that cared for the animals. Written proof that God doesn't care about your social status-when he has something big to share-he wants even the "shepherds" to know.

This weekend was a blessed one! It defiantly helped put me in the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

  1. So thrilled your father attended the concert. This year my sister-in-law sang in a choir and that was such a miracle. I'll be praying God will continue to speak to your father.

    Love the picture of your son putting the star on the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat