Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Do you see a theme with this months post?

Christmas. Its not my favorite time of year, but I do enjoy it! I thought I would share "The Broadus Family" Christmas Traditions!

2010 schedule
Nov. 21st the Christmas Tree and decorations go up. I do it the weekend before thanksgiving so I can actually be thankful during the holiday...not stressed.

Nov. 26th: Sister Black Friday Shopping. My sister and I have done this for about 10 years now. Its our time, without kids!

Nov. 27th: Pictures with Santa: our new favorite spot (Bass Pro Shops!)

Dec. 4th: Community Christmas Parade

Dec. 5th Church and afternoon Nutcracker performance

Dec. 10th Family Movie Night: Muppet Christmas Carol, Christmas Child, (when the kids are alseep: National Lampoon Christmas Vacation

Dec 11th: Homemade Gift Making Day: Mail Christmas Cards

Dec. 12th: Church, Continue to study the Christmas Story: Church Christmas Musical

Dec. 16th: Snack making night!

Dec. 17th Pass out snacks to Sanitation workers, postal employee, police station, firestation

Dec. 18th: Visit Maw's Nursing Home, take snacks to her workers, bring happies to the residents

Dec. 19th Church, Continue to study the Christmas Story

Dec. 22nd: Christmas Cookie Night!

Dec. 23rd: Christmas Light Ride!

Dec: 24th: Family Christmas Party

Dec. 25th: Christmas at Grandmomma's

Dec. 26th: Church: Afternoon at home to play

Dec. 30th: Tree comes down

If you notice we have a trend in our family. We spend the month of december doing activities that are family oriented, that serve others, or that are teaching about the Lord. I think that is the best way to celebrate the birth of Christ!

What are some of your Christmas traditions!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat