Monday, December 20, 2010

....a not so merry day

So the other day I received 2 emails. 1-a friend from college giving me positive encouragement about our blog. 2-a reader from somewhere asking if we ever have bad days.

I got to thinking about it and realized most of the stuff I have posted lately has been positive. Cheery moods-Christmas spirit...all makes life seem wonderful.

Well today was a not so merry day and I thought I would share with you-so that way the perception of "happy all the time" gets a little real life thrown in.

Madyson was diagnosed with Pink Eye-Thursday. It is in her eye that has a weak muscle. She never got runny eye or itchy eye or red eye...it was just swollen-early stages.

So they gave us drops-but I have kept her home to watch it and because she has been on a 4 year old tantrum this weekend.

Today, she came to work with me as a final precaution. (still no "signs" of pink eye so I am calling it cleared up)

She was great all day-until we got home. Then she took a nap and woke up a bear. She didn't want to wear what I had picked out for her...she tantrumed-we resolved.

We got to LifeGroup and we were eating and enjoying our party. Usually, we have a sitter, but tonight all the girls were doing Christmas stuff so we were left without one. Well-Aubrie Kate was mad bc she was ready to go home. I told her " just a few more minutes and we will go, here have a snack" So I sat her down at the table and went back to join the group. A few minutes later, Madyson comes running in "Aubrie took her PANTIES OFF" EWWWWWW..Thinking since my child is a want-to-be-nudist she was about to start streaking. No, no. My child had peed all over our friends (atleast I hope we are still friends after this) dining room chair and floor. Yes, peed.

Now-I have noticed a trend, when Aubrie gets mad she pees on things. I have witnessed this about 3 times.
So-as my heart is beating out of my chest, and my eyes are filling up with tears from embarrassment I try to think fast, "what is the best way to handle this" because my first instinct is to jump up and scream. My second is the firm "we are going home-get your things" and then leave. We went with choice two. Once we got it cleaned up the best we could and got the girls in the car we drove home.

We walked in, I put the girls in the pjs and in the bed. Madyson likes to sleep with sound on and have a glass of milk. Aubrie does too. Tonight, the went to bed without tv and without milk. I told them, "Tonight you did not behave the way you know you need to behave. Having tantrums, peeing on furniture, running around yelling-all that, is inappropriate" and then told them I loved them and good night.
Defiantly not my proudest moment as a mom. I love bed time and even though it is usually Todd who does the routine (since I do mornings he does nights) I still like to be involved with reading books and story telling. But tonight I just handled it.

So reader that wonders if we ever have bad days. Yes, Yes we do. We are human and the bad days do come. But when we are faced with bad days, we do our best to find the good in them. Because even when we feel like we are having a horrible day-there is somebody else having a day that is 10 times worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat