Monday, December 13, 2010

The Broadus' celebrate Christmas!

Welcome! This is our home. It's quaint-not fancy-and very comfortable!
Come on in!
This is the angel tree that sits in our entry way!

This is a paint by numbers my great aunt did ALONG time ago. When we put my grandma in the nursing home, we found this when we cleaned out her house. I love having something so personal hanging in our entry way!

Next you enter our den!! This is our family tree full of ornaments from 1984-2010!! 26 years of collecting!


 Here is our fireplace! My biological dad brought that mirror to me back in October! I am planning on putting it in our girls room-but for the time being I mounted it in the den. 
 I collect snowmen! Todd collects Nutcrackers-this is our little table with the best of both worlds and our girls pictures with santa!
 This is our Christmas card table! Madyson picked out the snowman holder. She says "those are her friends on the cards!"
 Here is our dining room! It has a santa theme!
 This is our Nativity scene! The girls moved in some extra sheep. My parents bought this when they first got married (31 years ago) and Now i have it! I love it because the girls can play with it and wont break it!
 It sits on my reclaimed cedar chest with my snowmen and one of Todd's nutcrackers!

 The is the "girls tree" in the playroom! I gave full responsibility of decorating it to Madyson(4) and Aubrie(2) you can see shoes, crowns, necklaces...very fit for a princess

 The "man tree" in the bathroom-no fru-fru here =)
Now-a look at a few of our ornaments!
 Love the homemade ones!
 My first ornament!
 The red bell was on my great grandmothers tree. The little girl in the background is my sister's ornament
 Can you spot the B? It was on top of our wedding cake
 Aubrie Kate's first ornament
 Madyson "hid" hers in the tree so Aubrie wouldn't break it!
My mom made this ornament! She use to make ceramics! I have 2 of these and love them so much!

Well Thanks for looking! Come back real soon!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful...love your family tree. I’m having a Christmas Open House on the 16th…you love to have you join in!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sarah! You have done a great job...love the idea of the girls tree. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I love all the Diff. trees! ha ha I collect Snow Men too!! & have Like a Zillion Nutcrackers, becasue of Ballet! You did an Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love the girl's tree - so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat