Wednesday, December 29, 2010

emerging from the grave!

That would be a great Easter title...I might retitle this one later. But as of right now-that is how it feels!

So let me get you caught up! My last post I talked about our "Souper"fun Christmas Party we have on Christmas Eve! This year it was amazing here are a few pictures



Ill show you more in my year review-but notice how peaked I looked? My grandma asked me if I felt okay. I did! After we opened all the gifts, my cousin started feeling sick. Thinking it was something he ate-we thought nothing of it! Everyone left around 9:30 and we got the girls in the bed! At 10:15 Madyson yells "DADDY!!! I THREW UP ALL IN MY BED" (notice she calls daddy because I usually throw up on her...its a reflex) So off Todd ran-I followed-sure enough-everywhere! he got her sheets cleaned I got her cleaned-we tried bed again-30 minutes later-she erupted. This continued until 7am. 
we took her mattress of the bunk bed-she had puked on all her sheets. Notice the garbage can? This was around 4am!

Sweet Aubrie was confined to sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed. But at 5:30 she woke up and came into the girls room (where Todd and I were with Madyson) and wanted to snuggle. As I wrapped us both up-there she blew. after an hour and a half of being tag teamed by the puke princesses we decided to head to the hospital. 
We were at the ER for 4 hours. The girls got Zoferan and Popsicles and some Dolls! (i mean it was Christmas morning after all =)

We got home around 11 and we all slept. Finally-at 2:30 the girls woke up and said "OH we forgot Santa came!!" we played and tried to go to Todd's mom's house for Christmas there-but sure enough the bug hit again. Aubrie got sick, I was sick, Todd was sick! All Sunday-Monday-Tuesday we were recovering. In pj's,  bland diet, tons of ginger ale and sprite!
So now that we are emerging from the grave! I can't wait to show you all the presents we all got! But for now-I have to clean up!! A bomb has exploded


3 comments:

  1. Glad y'all are all feeling better! That stomach virus can be nasty and sometimes take its time going away. can't wait to see what presents were received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry that ya'll got hit so hard with the stomach bug! No fun! That same thing happened to us 3 Christmases ago...except we didn't have to go to the hospital! Glad ya'll are better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all had that stomach bug. It was definitely AWFUL and Kevin and the girls probably should have gone to the hospital...luckily, we have a great pediatrician who walked me through what to do for the girls and an ER trip was avoided. I'm glad you're all finally beginning to feel better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat