Monday, April 26, 2010

You did what?!?!

This has become my token phrase over the past few weeks.

Hello, my name is Sarah, and I am the mother of an amazingly strong-willed 3.75 year old that thinks she is 30.

Madyson has gone from being "a pleasure to have in class" to "the alpha female". Things have to be "hers". She is into pushing, bullying, whining, stomping her feet, pouting, slamming doors, and being way over dramatic about the littlest things.

As you all know from reading all my posts about her, she isn't normal. I don't want to say "she is a genius" because thats not true...she just is very different? Madyson has a vocabulary of about 80 bizillion words (alot I have to ask Todd what it means), and uses them correctly. The other day I was looking up a word in the dictionary and read it outloud (to myself, she was in the next room). she has used that word correctly for the past 4 days.

When we are leaving the house I have to explain in detail exactly what we will be doing (places we are going, routes we are going to take, etc.) If I don't, she will ask 925793875298 times (When are we going to do this? Are we going to do this then this or this then this)

She likes things in order by smallest to largest, sleeveless to long sleeve. the slightest variation will throw her off.

Well over the past few weeks we have been busy and really have neglected housework. (a  clean house is a sign of a wasted life :) ) But in all seriousness, I was suffering from the idontwannadothelaundry blues, I haven't really been concerned if shoes are left in the den floor, I got tired of picking up the playroom then in 3 minutes Hurricane Aubrie would destroy it again. I was in a funk, and I didn't think it was a big deal.

Well, apparently, I was wrong. I started thinking last night to when this new attitude of hers began and it started about the same time my lack of cleaning did. So i spent the night picking up, cleaning, washing clothes...thinking maybe this would work!

Well it seemed to be doing the trick until Aubrie brought me Madyson's cup of tea from their tea table. I asked her to please go set down the tea and about that time this raging, big eyed, wallygabber of a thing leaped in front of Aubrie and snatched the tea...sending ice cubes and tea all over the clean clothes i was folding in floor, all over the couch, all over me.

I just looked up and asked Madyson to go get a towel and clean it up. Then I proceeded to hear, " Do you honestly think that I am going to clean it up? That's what you are for.". Yes she said it, just like that. Under her breath, walking away from me.

My phrase was flashing in my mind "WHAT DID SHE SAY!?!?!" "SHE DID WHAT?!!?"

I immediately went out into my garage and called Todd. I had to share this lovely bit of news with him. His was response was, "really?" YES TODD REALLY!

My mother laughs at this whole situation because apparently she remembers me being the same way. I don't share the same memories but of course I have forgotten a lot over the years. So now what? Spanking...doesn't help. Madyson is that child that has 9-1-1 registered into her brain and will use it at any situation she sees fit.
Time out use to work with her. Now she tries to negotiate her way out of it.
Taking privileges away/tv..etc. Nope that doesn't work either.

So here we go. I was expecting at least 7 more years before this all started but it looks like I have been blessed to go through the teenage years during the toddler years. Please pray for me. AND FOR HER!

On a side note she did do something positive yesterday! After I rearrange her bed room and she discovered that the possibility of getting bunk beds would happen if she would sleep in her bed...she put herself in bed at 9pm and stayed there all night. That is a huge plus in my book.

2 comments:

  1. Madyson and Mattie Leigh sound SO much alike right now! I love that she has a great vocabulary and can tell me about her world. BUT I am so tired of the teenager attitude, so I feel your pain. I'm just hoping that dealing with it now means she will make it through the teen years without the attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you are going to Disney! That sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat