Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The silver lining by simple pleasures

Do you ever have one of those days where you are so exhausted, mentally, that you just want to suck down turnips and biscuits and tune everything out? Well, that was me yesterday. I couldn't function, I was just so mentally upset that I wanted to escape, so I did....to my kitchen.

Cooking is such a therapy for me. I love starting from nothing and ending up with a fabulous meal. Last night was Sweet Onion Glazed Pork chops, Turnips, Black-Eyed Peas and Biscuits.

Some of my favorite dishes.

As I sat, drowning in the buttery pool of turnip juice, I thought to myself, "why does something so simple make me feel so much better?" Then, like I tend to do, the list started to form. Simple Pleasure that make the silver lining sparkle in my dark cloud.

1) If you follow me on Twitter, you already know this..."Ordering a Sonic Cherry Limeade and actually finding a cherry and a lime in the bottom of my cup." That makes me smile.

2) the feel of my Ikea pillow. I have tons of nice expensive pillows, but during my last trip to Atlanta we stopped by Ikea and I found this little pillow for about $6.00 bucks. It is heaven. I love it.

3)Hearing rain outside my window and getting to roll over and go back to sleep...even if its just for 15 more minutes.

4)When I am having a tough day and I get a random blackberry messenger *twinkle* from Todd saying "WUV U MRS BROADUS". Yup, melts my heart

5) finding a new decorating magazine and reading it over and over again.

6) walking out of a cold building into the warm sunshine....ahhhh.

7) sidewalk chalk. 

8) eating fresh vegetables.

Ususally, these simple things would be over looked, but to me, they are my little pleasures.

What are some of yours?

2 comments:

  1. Click on the twitter button on the left side. I think its SSB706815 but that button will let you know for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat