Sunday, April 11, 2010

Snap out of it

I promise that one day I will get back to funny haha's and facts about me, I did share a Madyson Moment, because I really didn't want to enter into not blogging for days to blogging about serious things.

But right now, I have so much on my mind I can't get it straight, so for those of you who read this and don't skip over me on the Dashboard...sorry its not all pretty, but its The Broadus Bunch, Crazy Living....at its best...and worst

Todd and I have been praying and praying to God about what to do with our desire to adopt. A few months ago a 4 year old boy entered our life and we have been nuturing him in our hearts and praying about him daily. We had finally come to the conclusion that we felt we were (are) suppose to pursue this child to become our own but now he has been put into foster care and has a case with DHS. We are new to this whole scene but when talking to some professionals we were pretty much told he was "unadoptable" unless we could figure out away around the system. So now our prayers are that God will hold our hands and help us give this child a loving home or help us cope with the fact that God is in control and our hearts will be healed and this child will find love with his foster family.

Second, my sister Renea is coming to visit (yes, the biosister that I have never met) I have been looking forward to spending time with her for years, almost a lifetime, but she informed me that my biomom's sister would be coming with her as well. Not looking forward to that part. I need to have a sweet spirit about the idea, and be loving and open but this lady hasn't really given me a reason to and being protective of my heart, I am scared to open it anymore. Plus, my parents aren't too supportive about the aunt coming. They really have a hard time with the whole biological family search.

Third, I am drowning in laundry (again) I just haven't felt like it, until today when I opened up my "unmentionable" drawer and the only things in there were some items that I wore prebaby body that I am for sure would be lost in the valleys if I tried to wear them again. So I have washed and washed...and they are clean, dried, folded, but sitting in baskets...I just can come to put them up.

Fourth, Madyson has reached the terror age. I don't know if she is sensing my stress or what but this child is pushing buttons on everyone, not just me. I am so ready for Todd's mom to come back from Memphis...she might spend the night there next weekend just so she can terrorize another household for awhile.

Fifth, Aubrie is getting 2 year molars and I am so tired of the things that come with that. Whiny, fussy, tired, poopy diapers (yes, I said diapers, she has sworn off potty training and it is KILLING ME!)

and finally.....Todd is working tonight and I am just lost without his hugs right now. It is amazing how much support he provides and how when he is not here (during the hard times) I have a hard time with dealing with things.


Sorry for all the emotions. I don't know why I feel it necessary to tell the world my problems but I do. I guess I feel more open to discuss them in smaller settings when I have the world to hold me accountable.
who knows?

4 comments:

  1. I love that you just poured your "messy" heart out...because all we ever see is your "perfect" heart. Sometimes I wonder...."Does Sarah have ANYYYYYYYY problems or stress?????" haha!!!! It's just good to know that I'm not the only one who has blah days. It's ok. It's normal. Tomorrow's a new day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! What a load you have to bear today! Thinking of you and your sweet family. Prayers for all the people in your life. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls. It is def. a roller coaster around here right now! and yes Tonya, messy days, just some are worth mentioning while others are minor in comparison to really bad days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    Wow...I'm glad you feel like you can be open and honest in this space. Sometimes, it is hard to put those things out there, but I know it always makes me feel better. I will be praying for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat